Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
ArloProSystem
Aspirant
Aspirant

several days ago, bad guy just broke in my car. Arlo pro 2 catched him, however, the video is soooooo urgly in the first 9 sec that I missed his face. lots of mosaic. then the video quality turned better from the tenth second. 

could any body help me with this ? WHY ? 

BTW, my arlo pro 2 is pluged in. 

below is the video:

https://arlo.netgear.com/hmsweb/users/library/share/link/44D44E4B83B275B7_201804

5 REPLIES 5
ArloProSystem
Aspirant
Aspirant

forgot to tell that I have set "best video" since it's pluged-in. 

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Can't see vid... and shared vids expire after 24 hrs...

But you prob mean " pixellation "  occuring....  this has popped up in the past a number of time... usu it can be interference, lost of key frame, compression, range , data thruput ...to mention a few reasons. ( never really locked down as to why )

Best you can do is make sure you have a good signal to the camera, good thru put ( over 1Mbs ) and check for possible interference that may exist.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
ArloProSystem
Aspirant
Aspirant

1) just tested my internet speed at every spot where arlo camera deployed, the lowest upload speed is 6+ Mbps, download speed is 80+Mbps. To optimize the wifi signal, I prepared Apple Airport Express, which is stay together with Arlo base.

2) based on the Arlo app, the sigal strength between CAMERA and the BASE is excellent, all three bars are black. 

3) my camera is installed at high corner, no other electrical equipment around it within 8 feets

therefore, there should not be a signal problem 😞 

pc2k17
Hero
Hero

I've seen that when there's a lighting issue. My guess, (I'm no camera expert) is that the IR light on the camera came on, because you can see it shining on the wall of your house, but the person was too far away for the IR light to help as he walked up and the camera kept trying to adjust giving you that pixelation effect. I don't even see the IR light lighting up the cars or the ground really. Once the car door was opened and the interior light lite up the car next to it and the ground the camera was able to adjust and clear the picture up.

The one camera I have inside my attached garage seems to emit the IR light about 5-8 feet and not much more at all. My guess is that's normal operation for how far the IR light shines.

My suggestion.... It appears you have a light fixture on the wall where the camera is, possibly near a side door (it's hard to see), I would get a LIFX+ smart bulb and put it in that fixture. The LIFX+ bulb is 1100 lumens when turned on and emits 950nm of infrared light when it's off. It will light up those cars significantly when it's turned off. If you don't want a light on all night long you can schedule it to turn on/off when ever you want in the LIFX app, but the IR light from it is always on. That will help clear up your video at night. I have one LIFX+ in the center of the garage hanging from the ceiling and it lights up the whole garage, to the camera, when it's off.

ArloProSystem
Aspirant
Aspirant

thanks pc2k17, sounds great solution, will try it.