Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
piendelb
Tutor
Tutor

Hello All,

My wired camera has yet again just stopped recording video due to motion. This is a repeat issue and I see I'm not the only one in the community that has this issue. I actually just received a "Post flooding" warning when I tried to publish this question. 

There is a fix, but it's the dead of winter here in Michigan and I'm not going to climb up the side of my house to swap cameras.

Has anyone with this issue received any feedback from Arlo directly? I find it hard to believe that they are ignoring such an irritating issue that is plaguing their customers. 

I'm looking for a permanent fix to this issue. Any help is appreciated. 

8 REPLIES 8
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @piendelb

Is your camera going offline? do you receive notifications from the camera? 

piendelb
Tutor
Tutor

The camera stays online. I can watch it live. I receive no notifications due to movement and it does not record any movement. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Have you tried to remove & re-add it back to Your Arlo Smart > Smart Notifications under settings in the app? Remove > re-add it to your Modes/Rules?

piendelb
Tutor
Tutor

Yes and it does not solve the issue. 

The only solution is to remove the camera from the system, and re-add the device. That is the solution I'm not willing to do anymore because I've had to climb up to the camera to hit the sync button on the camera.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Do you see any of the recordings over the web portal on a pc? 

piendelb
Tutor
Tutor

The only recordings I see on the PC or phone are the ones I manually record.

I have tried moving the base station closer, but it does solve the issue. The camera in question that fails is not even the one that is furthest away from the base station. All others work perfectly. The only difference is that camera is the one that is hard wired for power because it's in a hard to access area.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Start by removing power temporarily to see what happens. If the same thing, swap cameras around to test if it's the camera or location.

piendelb
Tutor
Tutor

Temporarily removing power does not fix the issue.

As I stated earlier, climbing up to swap the cameras is no longer an option. I've had to remove the device and re-sync it multiple times already. It makes no sense to me saying the location is the issue when the camera will manually record and save just fine.

This does not seem like a connectivity issue. When I'm walking outside at night, I can see the night-vision come on when I walk by. All "motion tests" conducted on the camera work fine. When I view the camera live, it connects almost instantaneously.