Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 1 out of four catchs and records motion only

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
SYOTOSOH
Aspirant
Aspirant

Just installed Arlo Pro and installed and downloaded the updates for my four camera sysytem. I can view all four camera (live) through my phone app or on computer, Out of the four cameras I only have one that records motion. I believe I am missing something in the Rules or a setting is incorrect but I am at a total loss trying to figure it out. I will assume that it is a smalll stupid thing I am missing but I really need some help here before asking the Arlo Support.

I will also assume that there is information in this rerquest that is missing for someone to assist me but I need a little patience when it comes to this type of technology

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
None of the wireless cameras will work through a window because most glass blocks the IR needed for the PIR sensors to work. You'll have to mount cameras outdoors.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
It may be that something is just cockeyed in your system. Reset the system by removing all devices in Settings, My Devices and start fresh. Use the Add Device button in the Devices tab to add the base and sync the cameras.

Did that help?
SYOTOSOH
Aspirant
Aspirant

I did a factory reset and installed each camera and positioned them. All cameras work in the (Live) mod and I now have all four cameras picking up Sound and recording the video......now my issue is that the Motion side does not work. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Sorry - that doesn't make sense to me. You say you have sound and recording but not motion.  Are you saying you can manually record but motion detection and recording doesn't work?  Are the running men for each camera in the Devices tab black or gray? Check your modes in the Mode tab and verify that the Armed mode is selected.  Test again.  Possibly power cycle the base.

SYOTOSOH
Aspirant
Aspirant

Capture11111.PNGCapture11.PNGCapture1111.PNG

Think it would be easier for you too see these S/S. As I said all four cameras communicate with the base. I can view any and all cameras from my phone and on the computer. Any noise from inside my home (dogs barking) will activate the audio which starts the recording. However if I go out side the motion detector will not work. I may have a simple setting not on or a possible confict (that I am not aware of) that will not activate the recording on Motion

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
None of the wireless cameras will work through a window because most glass blocks the IR needed for the PIR sensors to work. You'll have to mount cameras outdoors.
SYOTOSOH
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you very much for your patience with this issue........100% right about the glass.......Everything is up and running ......