Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

kmiller8821
Luminary
Luminary

Good Morning

Today, when I left, I noticed I didn't get an alert from my driveway camera.  When I got to the office, I logged in via the web, and noticed that under my "mode" tab all I see active is a little clock.  Normally, I keep my arlo in a "scheduled" mode as I have different cameras I arm/disarm and sensitivities that I adjust during different times of day.  What I should see is the little clock next to the word "weekday" as that schedule should be active.  However, all I see is the clock which is odd.  I went to the devices page and noticed that the "motion man" was not lit on any camera that should be armed.  I forced the mode to armed and the system armed as normal.  When I go back to click "schedule", again, all I see is the clock but no mode it's running and the "motion man" is not active on any camera.   Strangely, when I go to the app, and force schedule mode, it appears to show the clock - weekday and the "motion man" is lit within the app on my phone. This does not match what I see when I logon to the arlo website and my cameras are not recording in the scheduled mode even tho they should be.  I double checked the schedule, all looks fine.  I've made no changes to these settings in over 6 months.  I've already rebooted the base but I'm still seeing the same symptom.  TO me, it appears that the "schedule" mode is not working as it should at this time. Anyone else seeing this?

223 REPLIES 223
scooterstuff
Star
Star

It shows the schedule is active but the motion detection off on IOS. If you go to the web interface everything shows correctly. Please get this fixed, it should not be that hard and yes I am on the current version and redid my schedule set up.

Frantex
Aspirant
Aspirant
Its still a problem, Arlo!!!
MVelez1026
Tutor
Tutor

So, after reading all the responses on this thread it looks like this is a common issue with this system.  Netgear, are you going to be providing a fix for this anytime soon?  I mean my app and the web constantly show that my schedule is on, but I never receive any alerts and the schedule itself does not work until I tap the schedule line again in the app. It almost seems as though your system is going to sleep after a period of time.

I started out with the original Arlo, 2 camera, system and when I bought a new home just purchased the Arlo Pro 4 camera system.  I thought about going with Nest or another system, but decided to stay with Netgear since I have all Netgear products in my home.  Are you know making me regret my purchase?  How serious are you taking this issue?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The Arlo development team is currently investigating this issue. We will provide an update as soon as we have more information to share with the community.

NetBox
Apprentice
Apprentice
Just to confirm I too still have issues with the scheduler arming with the wrong mode.

I thought this was sorted as my scheduler seemed to be working ok for a while. However last week I created a new mode and I just noticed now the problem.

I have one mode set to arm for example cam 1 and cam 2 between 9am - 3pm and that worked fine before, but I now created a rule to arm only cam 1 from 3.45pm - 6pm. However when I look now at 12.45pm (noon) it should be armed using the cam 1 & 2 mode (between 9am-3pm) but its not, its armed with the cam 1 only mode. That shouldn't be armed until after 3.45pm but its armed now at lunchtime.

This is using the current Android app (as I don't use the web browser version).
Pomoeva
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have read this thread and see this has been going on for months. Our system is new to us and I am getting very frustrated with 

1. Trying to set a schedule that shifts in its own to another time

2. System not being armed when it is scheduled to be armed

how do we get a hold of an actual person or answer. At this point telling me it is being elevated is not acceptable. This thread is 5 months old. If the product isn’t working, don’t sell it making the claims that you are currently making

Amati5
Aspirant
Aspirant

May be Arlo shouldn't be independent from Netgear.  Funny how they are still pushing for Arlo Smart.  May be they try to tell us our Arlo isnt so smart and need to upgrade

NetBox
Apprentice
Apprentice
@Pomoeva

If I could offer you one piece of good advice......

Take your Arlo system back to where you bought it and get a refund. Then go out and buy a decent CCTV system that actually works properly (and as advertised).

Arlo used to be good and worked very well for a long time but then the incompetent development team decided to ruin it and have no idea how to fix it.

For 4 or 5 months now people have been having severe problems (just read the forums and it is obvious) and nothing ever gets fixed, just promises they are working on a fix. The way things have been handled is disgraceful and Arlo is not a system that can be relied upon to protect your home. So my honest advice is just take it back and get a full refund whilst you can. It isn't worth the hassle.
NickGG
Guide
Guide

I, too, am experiencing the schedule mode problems reported by so many others.  What I can share is that I believe these issues started right about the same time as the last upgrade to my Arlo phone app, which is version 2.5.5, released Aug 2, 2018.  Hard to believe this is a coincidence. I'm using an iPhone 6s.  I rarely use the browser interface.  I had been running with multiple cameras on a schedule for around 6 months with no problems whatsoever until suddenly, about 6 weeks ago, things started not working.  This is a critical failure.

ChinJing
Luminary
Luminary
I had the exact same problem. When I tried to make a schedule starting at 12 am it would disappear. When I started it at 12:01 it stuck. And the base station would also not change modes a lot of the time in the evening it would change to disarmed. I even got a newnbase station and have intermittent problems of base station not changing modes. And the old base station also would not record over old recordings on my flash drive. When the drive was full it just stopped recording.
MVelez1026
Tutor
Tutor

So, the problem I have with your response is that it is a generic response.  What are they investigating?  Why is it taking so long to fix?  If this is a known issue, and has been going on for so many months, why hasn't there been a fix?  Why are you not making consumers aware of this prior to purchase or pose a recall?  I used to work for a mobile application development company, built and worked on apps for Regal Cinemas, HBO Now, NCAA, etc... And when there was such a major issue similar to this, we had a fix within 24-48 hours!  Why is it taking you months to investigate?  I submitted my original response remark on the 12th and it is 2 weeks later and still broke.  My next recourse, if no "useful" fix is provided soon, is to return this purchase; educate others to not purchase your product(s); post numerous low ratings for your products; and contact the BBB to file a complaint.  I originally purchased your original Arlo 2-camera set and it worked fine for years.  Expanded to this Arlo Pro 4-camera set and now it doesn't work for me.  Very dissatified with your service and this purchase. Robot Mad

MVelez1026
Tutor
Tutor

What I find interesting, like your product...your website doesn't work right either.  If you notice in the header where the users "username" is located; when signed in.  If you click on the message or notification options the username and ask a question button disappear.  Shameful!

NickGG
Guide
Guide

@JamesC /community manager: What is the status of this issue??  I find it mind-boggling that this hasn't yet been resolved.  

jbruso
Aspirant
Aspirant

Scheduling on my second Arlo (The entire reason for purchasing this) does not work. It's probably not in Arlo's best interest to piss off it's largest, most valuable users.

It looks like this problem has existed for the past 3-5 months or more. Updates about this issue have been requested by your community members repeatedly.

Please provide an update from the engineering team about the status of this bug.

Thanks!

🙂 John

Amati5
Aspirant
Aspirant

Why does it work for some but not the others.  Mine has been working fine since the last update, i think back in August?

Redmoonstar
Luminary
Luminary

Mine was working fine until the 30/9/18 then started disarming when it should have been armed. It also was sending notifications to say movement was detected but wouldn't record. This happened while we are away on holidays and I now have to restart my base station remotely every day sometimes twice a day and change modes manually. As I am travelling the Australian outback this is not always possible due to limited service. This system cannot be relied on for security. It was good when I first purchased in Nov 17 but has rapidly deteriorated since the May Upgrade. I have tried with android app and chrome on windows PC nothing has worked.

NickGG
Guide
Guide

I have to admit that this is really ticking me off.  The community manager hasn't posted an update since 9/12.  I've been a professional software engineer and developer for 37 years; it's inconceivable that a defect of this magnitude should go unresolved for so long.  What on earth is going on here??  Arlo, get your act together and fix this!

Delboyii
Apprentice
Apprentice
My experience is similar to Redmoonster, use to work fine other than the previous debarkle when the developers messed up the battery drain and reporting.

I also rely on Arlo to protect my assets when travelling and no longer trust the system due to the multiple scheduling issues introduced by the developers earlier this year.

I am now considering lodging a formal complaint with the ACCC in Australia as this product is no longer fit for purpose.

I
Redmoonstar
Luminary
Luminary

@Delboyii I am also in Australia,  let me know if you do go to the ACCC and how you get on. 

D_Hoque
Star
Star
Problem still remains for me also in the UK. I’ve been patient like everyone here on the forum and all we are getting is false hopes., will be speaking to original retailer on where I stand as this product is clearly not fit for purpose.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Improvements and fixes have been made in recent releases for the Schedule feature. You may need to clear out your schedule and set up again if you're still experiencing an issue.

Make sure your system has the latest firmware version available (take a look here for current releases: Firmware Release Notes).

If you're still experiencing an issue, please contact the Arlo Support Team to further investigate. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

JamesC

jbruso
Aspirant
Aspirant

JamesC, I have 2 base stations. The new base station remains in 'Getting Status' and I am UNABLE to schedule it.

Are you telling me if I delete the schedule in my First base station, I will be able to schedule my second base station?

That's just nonsense. You can't delete the schedule. The App is litterally broken. You want me to spend another hour on the phone with Support? For what?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

jbruso,

Try factory resetting the new base station that is showing "getting status" and see if that resolves the issue.

How can I reset my Arlo base station to the default values?

JamesC

jbruso
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks JamesC. The latest firmware upgrade from a few days ago appears to have resolved my issues after a factory reset of base station #2.