Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

kmiller8821
Luminary
Luminary

Good Morning

Today, when I left, I noticed I didn't get an alert from my driveway camera.  When I got to the office, I logged in via the web, and noticed that under my "mode" tab all I see active is a little clock.  Normally, I keep my arlo in a "scheduled" mode as I have different cameras I arm/disarm and sensitivities that I adjust during different times of day.  What I should see is the little clock next to the word "weekday" as that schedule should be active.  However, all I see is the clock which is odd.  I went to the devices page and noticed that the "motion man" was not lit on any camera that should be armed.  I forced the mode to armed and the system armed as normal.  When I go back to click "schedule", again, all I see is the clock but no mode it's running and the "motion man" is not active on any camera.   Strangely, when I go to the app, and force schedule mode, it appears to show the clock - weekday and the "motion man" is lit within the app on my phone. This does not match what I see when I logon to the arlo website and my cameras are not recording in the scheduled mode even tho they should be.  I double checked the schedule, all looks fine.  I've made no changes to these settings in over 6 months.  I've already rebooted the base but I'm still seeing the same symptom.  TO me, it appears that the "schedule" mode is not working as it should at this time. Anyone else seeing this?

223 REPLIES 223
Delboyii
Apprentice
Apprentice
To make this more annoying I have two friends who I advised to purchase this system as the first 9 months had been trouble free. As I provide IT support to them I now own all their Arlo problems as well 🙂
Marley56
Aspirant
Aspirant

I even went so far as to purchase a new base station and open a new account.  Reset everything, inclucing all sic Arlo Pro Cameras.  It worked fine for about 5 days and now I'm back where I started.  The system will not arm under schedule mode.

dfwald
Tutor
Tutor
My schedule has been working fine for the last two weeks with the day starting at 12:01 AM ending at 11:59 PM. The only thing I noticed from the last update was that there is now a longer delay before recording starts. I receive a text alert much later than normal now which is not good at all. In the past I used to get the alert very early in the 10 sec recording but now it’s near the end. I’ve also had to set my sensitivity to a higher number than before to get it to even record. I want these things back to how they used to work which was perfect for my needs.
gleesmj
Star
Star
So update here:

SCHEDULE MODE IS NOT RELIABLE!

my schedule stipulates it should be armed right now. It says its armed but it is not notifying any motion detections. Ive changed out of schedule mode into manual armed mode and the motion detection appears to work.

What the hell is going on @netgear ? This jas gone beyond a joke.
Sherlock7
Guide
Guide

I truly can’t understand how some people post that they just change the schedule by two minutes and it works....  Hard reset your system and it works....

This is a Netgear issue!! Nothing we do on our end helps as per Netgear “customer service”

its F*****!

ralfyguy1
Luminary
Luminary
Ever since I added a Custom Mode that mimicks the same as the stock Armed mode and scheduled the stock Armed Mode to go from 7:30pm to 12:00am and the Custom Armed Mode from 12:00am to 7:30am and then to a different Custom Mode. It works flawless again do far. The scheduled switching at 12:00am works just fine, unless I use the stick Armed Mode again from 12:00am. That results in no recordings whatsoever until 7:30am again when it switches to a different Custom Mode.
The key is to use a Custom Mode from 12:00am with the same parameters as the stock Armed Mode. Then the schedule works, even the notifications. Every time a car goes by the phone notification goes off.
Sherlock7
Guide
Guide

What?? Why should you have to do any of that???

Im done with this post and Netgear

Delboyii
Apprentice
Apprentice
Skipping the midnight hour may work for some but I can assure it does not for all! My schedules never included the 00:00hr as I learnt early on it can cause problems.

We should not be in the position where a core function that previously worked has been broken by the developers and not found before release.
ralfyguy1
Luminary
Luminary

@Sherlock7 wrote:

What?? Why should you have to do any of that???

Im done with this post and Netgear

OF COURSE, NOBODY "SHOULD" have to do that! The ineptitude of the Software Developers is simply staggering, no doubt about it. I merely posted what worked for me so far AFTER whatever trainwreck of code started all this mess. This workaround got me back to normal for now.

kegaroony
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've had the arlo pro for 5 months now, and out of the box its been running flawlessly. But a month ago, things have turned upside down. Our geofencing and schedule hardly ever works. When its suppose to change modes, at times or when we're away, its not. Very rarely it will work the way its suppose to, but we are constantly having to arm and disarm the cameras now. I'm hoping somone had  a solution. Me and my wife are running it on iOS.

raider192
Guide
Guide
After hours of troubleshooting.......................
My schedule problem is only with my Android app 2.5.1_21471. web browser and iPhone app seem to be functioning correctly. Arlo is actually following my schedule. The Android app shows a status that's not correct and will switch time zones on me at random. The time zone thing was interesting cause it still didn't corelate with my schedule. If I log off the app and force stop in app settings, then when I log back in to the app everything is correct, for a few hours.
OurHattonHome
Star
Star

I have the same problem as described but it's on 2 Android phones not IOS. Started after one of the updates that occurred last month. When do you expect it to be fixed?

MeToe
Star
Star

lol after all the troubleshooting & resetting & resyncing, I've tweaked and adjusted to the point I have it working correctly.. but omg .. don't ask someone else to come by & fix it if they needed to. - My schedule - I have to skip the 12:00am time and start at 12:01am and end the day at 11:59pm. Next, my time zones seem to be off? but yet I see nowhere where I can specify time zones. I'm in eastern time zone- My geofencing wasn't working correctly because the schedule wasn't triggering at the right time. I did some early morning troubleshooting and discovered their off by 2 hrs...(But yet the clock in-app shows correctly...!!)  so I want to set my cameras to "day time" mode at say 6:30 am... I have to actually have the time show as 4:30 am in the schedule on my app.. (no matter if it's iOs or Website btw.) - I know all these tweaks are a nuisance and ridiculous and in no way am I giving netgear a pat on the back, but maybe this might help some of you out there, in your efforts, at least until these **bleep** waffles get their act in gear.... 

MeToe
Star
Star

haha I got censored 😛 

benmettler
Initiate
Initiate

This system is such a mess. If it won't arm reliably what kind of security can it provide? Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The best I can tell you for right now is to use a browser to work on modes, rules and scedule.

Delboyii
Apprentice
Apprentice

Jguerdat,

As a 'Guru' and SuperUser can you explain to me how I manage my Arlo configuration from a browser when I use geofencing linked to schedules, which Netgear have totally broken for many of us?

Why is this taking Netgear so long to correct, surely breaking a basic function in their 'Worlds first and only 100% secure' product would be a priority or do do we assume Arlo is not a strategic product that they do not want to expend resources on fixing?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Obviously, you can't use the web for GF but you can use it for all other things under the Mode tab. That's what I would fix first and then configure GF as you need. Check it frequently to verify that your GF features are set properly. Sometimes using a second mobile device seems to be useful.

I can't speak for the breakage and fixing of features - those are Netgear issues far removed from a user forum like this. All I can suggest is that everyone with a problem that can't be fixed by posting here should open a case with support here.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The engineering team has field trial firmware available that may help address the issues being reported in this discussion. If you would like to participate in this field trial, please post a confirmation in this thread and we will escalate your information to the engineering team.

JamesC

Mpd143
Aspirant
Aspirant
Now my live feeds don’t work.
NetBox
Apprentice
Apprentice
@JamesC

Can I ask, rather than Netgear sending out new "trail" firmwares to try to "fix" the issue, why can't they just roll back to the working firmware before the "broke" it.

The system worked perfectly fine before for years, but they changed something which broke it. Lets be honest (and I know its not directly your fault) but someone "broke" the system and caused this issue (along with other issues too like with the Q cameras) but rather than Netgear just rolling back to before it was broken they insist on trying to "fix" it.

We customers pay huge amounts of money for "working 100% secure and reliable" security systems from Netgear which simply are not what they state.

It is to me a very simple fix, roll back to when it was working.

Yes develop new firmware but do it professionally and test it thoroughly before sending it out over the air to us customers.

We need working security systems, we pay for working security systems. We are not Netgears testers.

I repeat that is not directly aimed at you as I know it is not your fault, but someone at Netgear needs to take responsibility and sort this. To have a security system that isn't a security system is just a joke and VERY BAD for the Netgear brand.
ralfyguy1
Luminary
Luminary

@NetBox wrote:
@JamesC

Can I ask, rather than Netgear sending out new "trail" firmwares to try to "fix" the issue, why can't they just roll back to the working firmware before the "broke" it.

The system worked perfectly fine before for years, but they changed something which broke it. Lets be honest (and I know its not directly your fault) but someone "broke" the system and caused this issue (along with other issues too like with the Q cameras) but rather than Netgear just rolling back to before it was broken they insist on trying to "fix" it.

We customers pay huge amounts of money for "working 100% secure and reliable" security systems from Netgear which simply are not what they state.

It is to me a very simple fix, roll back to when it was working.

Yes develop new firmware but do it professionally and test it thoroughly before sending it out over the air to us customers.

We need working security systems, we pay for working security systems. We are not Netgears testers.

I repeat that is not directly aimed at you as I know it is not your fault, but someone at Netgear needs to take responsibility and sort this. To have a security system that isn't a security system is just a joke and VERY BAD for the Netgear brand.

I agree 100%. "PROFESSIONALLY" would be to have the ability to roll back SW/FW that has faults. I test SW/FW for a Satellite Provider and when something gets screwed up, we turn in reports and there is usually a rather quick fix for it OR they roll us back on previous releases in the meantime. And on top of it, the testers are actually non paying customers. What Netgear is doing is beyond ridiculous. You should not use customers who paid a lot of money for the service and equipment as lab rats!  I am absolutely stunned that this crap that has happened lately slipped through "TESTING" before release.

I was actually considering getting more than my five cameras at some point before this train wreck, which requires a subscription, but HECK NO! NOT under these circumstances!

BobbyJohn
Star
Star

Hello, I've been reading this forum and can't seem to find a solution to my Arlo Pro 2 issue. It also appears many others have similar issues.

I've been using the Schedule mode for over six months without a single issue. It's worked great, However, my base station, and maybe the cameras, automatically had the firmware updated in early May. Ever since then, the Schedule mode hasn't worked right. It appears that the Schedule mode works starting at 5PM per the schedule, but then stops working sometime later, possible after midnight when the time changes to AM.

I've restarted the base station via a browser and the iOS app, replaced the camera batteries twice, powered off the base station for over two minutes, deleted and added new schedules, but nothing has worked. The Schedule randomly works, and when it stops working, no alerts and no videos.

I've used Safari, Firefox Chrome, iOS Arlo pp v2.5.3 and v2.5.4 to toggle between Armed and Schedule modes with no success.

I've had to manually change the mode to Armed, but have been testing the Schedcule with no success.

Am I the only one with these issues?

Any thoughts on a solution?

If there are know issues with the May base station firmware update, PLEASE acknowledge and let us know you are aware and are working on it.

I am pulling my hair out trying to resolve this, and it all started after the May firmware update.

Americantank
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have 2 arlo vmb400 base stations connected to 6 Arlo pro 2 cameras. One is connected to 2 cameras, the other to 4. I have had zero issues with the scheduling feature for about 3 months. Now the schedule does not arm at night when it is supposed to. When I check the schedule times on my phone app and the computer they are off by 1-2 minutes on arm and disarm time. I have tried deleting the schedule and re-creating it. I have also tries restarting the base stations from the computer app, the phone app and unplugging them from the wall. I have also deleted and reinstalled every camera and the problem still persists. I have also spent about 5 hours on the phone with tech support who has no clue what the issue is. The shedule still shows up as different times on the phone app vs the computer program no matter what I do. I suspect this is the reason that the schedule won't arm the cameras when they should which is all I really care about. The schedule does show as disarmed during disarm times. During arm times is now shows a clock but does not say armed and the cameras do not go off if I walk by them. 

Andrew

Zegor
Star
Star

@BobbyJohn I've had a similar issue. I didn't put it down to a firmware update, but perhaps it is. I have always used schedule even since I got my Arlo system but stopped since around that May timeframe due to issue - it essentially went to Deactivate mode when I put it on schedule.

Currently I'm just manually changing modes. It's not ideal. I have an open case with support. Has been open for around one month with not much action.