Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

kmiller8821
Luminary
Luminary

Good Morning

Today, when I left, I noticed I didn't get an alert from my driveway camera.  When I got to the office, I logged in via the web, and noticed that under my "mode" tab all I see active is a little clock.  Normally, I keep my arlo in a "scheduled" mode as I have different cameras I arm/disarm and sensitivities that I adjust during different times of day.  What I should see is the little clock next to the word "weekday" as that schedule should be active.  However, all I see is the clock which is odd.  I went to the devices page and noticed that the "motion man" was not lit on any camera that should be armed.  I forced the mode to armed and the system armed as normal.  When I go back to click "schedule", again, all I see is the clock but no mode it's running and the "motion man" is not active on any camera.   Strangely, when I go to the app, and force schedule mode, it appears to show the clock - weekday and the "motion man" is lit within the app on my phone. This does not match what I see when I logon to the arlo website and my cameras are not recording in the scheduled mode even tho they should be.  I double checked the schedule, all looks fine.  I've made no changes to these settings in over 6 months.  I've already rebooted the base but I'm still seeing the same symptom.  TO me, it appears that the "schedule" mode is not working as it should at this time. Anyone else seeing this?

223 REPLIES 223
Patuba
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yeah, my schedule has been broken since the weekend as well. I'm working with support on the issue but it seems a lot of people are having this issue.

Jiminator
Tutor
Tutor

Just noticed same thing here.  Schedule is now missing Monday and I can not get it to include Monday at all no matter what I do.  Tried deleting and adding back and just adding a schedule for Monday by itself, but as soon as you do, it vanishes.

IPad Air, IPad Pro, IPhone 7 all running 11.3.1 and the new 2.5 update from Netgear.  Everything was working fine (except 2-way talk) prior to this update.

Now push notifications are gone and schedule is screwy.

kmiller8821
Luminary
Luminary

So, in addition to my schedule acting wonky, I'm now not getting push notifications from the cameras. I was getting notifications fine yesterday.  This is starting to get a bit rediculous.  So my schedule works when it wants too and now I get no notifications either. 

NetBox
Apprentice
Apprentice
I've never had push notifications from my Arlo Android app from the start.

If I am in the app or have been in the last 5 or 10 minutes I get them but after say 10 mins I don't get them.

I believe it's something to do with my phone or the Android system putting the apps to sleep, but I've nothing on my system (meaning no apps) that do that. I have tried changing the battery saving options and not "optimising" the Arlo app, but nothing seems to stop it. So basically Geofencing doesn't work on my phone nor the push notifications.

I have stock Rom for Asus ZenFone 4 Selfie Pro running Android 7.1.1.

That's nothing to do with this current schedule problem anyway as that's just always been the case for me. Wish I knew how to solve it but I've tried many things but the app just goes to sleep
cschrader
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am also having this same problem.  The latest updates appear to have made the geo fencing and scheduled mode no longer work at all.

For geofencing, my system no longer seems to detect when I'm home or away like it used to.  I does do it once I specifically open the app.

However, even after doing this, my cameras don't record anything.  The motion detection appears to not be working in scheduled mode.  If I set it to Armed manually, it works.  

Has anyone gotten the geofecning + scheduled mode working on this latest update?

Patuba
Aspirant
Aspirant

It seems like there was a firmware upgrade that broke the schedule. I have to use Armed mode to have the cameras record. I believe they are working on fixing the issue with the new firmware.

northernick
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've also had this issue. Also, not following the schedule correctly and the push notifications. On my ios is shows the little clock and disarmed, but on the web, it shows my mode that is scheduled. Not sure what is going on here but would like a fix!

northernick
Aspirant
Aspirant

Also having this issue, following thread for a fix, hopefully..

Recki
Aspirant
Aspirant

+1 for the Monday missing schedule. 

For 2-way talk, you need now to autorize Arlo to access to your mic in Arlo app settings in iPad settings menu.

Redmoonstar
Luminary
Luminary

+2 for Monday missing from schedule,  I have also deleted and re entered schedule with no luck. When I do the schedule it shows Monday ticked but when I save and look at the schedule Monday is blank . I also have the problem in my android app of only seeing a clock when I go to modes instead of the mode It's in and my recording that have had set to a specifics time are now only recording  5-60 seconds instead of the set time. This only started one the 12/5/18.

3MAGs
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having the same issue...

cschrader
Aspirant
Aspirant

I think I'm back to normal.  I had to delete all my schedules and re-add them.  It looks like something in this update corrupted the scheduling data or they changed the data format and didn't convert something for existing schedules (just my guess as an engineer).

Jiminator
Tutor
Tutor

So I was able to do a bit of a work-around for my missing Monday issue in Schedule.  As I stated before, I tried adding it separately, which didn’t work and deleted my entire schedule and added it all back, but again Monday would just vanish.

So I tried to add a different schedule for Monday only on all my cameras (I have five Arlo Pro’s).  Before, I had all my cameras on a Schedule set to arm at 12:00 A.M. and Disarm at 8:15 A.M. then after the update, Monday vanished.  I was able to get it back by changing the time for Monday only.  I changed the time for that day only, and it reappeared back in the schedule.  Quite weird...so my cameras for Monday now arm at 12:01 A.M. If I try to set it for 12:00  A.M. like the rest of the week then it disappears again.  Of course I will have to wait till Monday(Tuesday morning actually) to see if they actually arm!

Nick_357
Star
Star

Also problem with monday start set at 00:00. Work around for me is to set separate time for monday with start time at 00:01. Then it sticks.

NetBox
Apprentice
Apprentice
I have just tried deleting all my modes and all schedule settings, then remade new ones.

Schedule is not working at all. When I turn schedule on I just see the small clock icon but no mode is shown as armed next to it. Therefore the system is not armed with the mode set up in schedule.

I hope this is fixed asap as at the moment I am having to manually arm and disarm the system for my house to be secure.

This is the same for both the Arlo original and Arlo Pro base stations.

My Arlo Q seems to be working fine with the schedule fiction however.
scottm5443
Tutor
Tutor

Add me to the list. Just moved into a new house, set the system up, and thought to myself, I'm not getting any recordings or alerts... Check the schedule, and it was showing disarmed, when it should have been armed. 

NetBox
Apprentice
Apprentice
Please see attached image.

Current view of the Mode tab on my Arlo Android app.

Arlo Q is set on schedule and is working and armed.

Arlo ProBase1 is the Arlo Pro base station, it is set to be armed in a schedule but is only showing the little clock icon and not showing the mode it should be set on. It is NOT actually armed or recording.

Arlo HDBase1 is the first generation Arlo base station, that is having the exact same issue as the Arlo Pro base as detailed above. Schedule not working and system not armed.
MeToe
Star
Star
I posted this fix earlier, like last week when the problem first occurred. Not sure if it's been Lost in the posts, but it's a simple fix if you have the patience. First- remove all the cameras from the app/website profile you have set up. Now, remove the base station. Now using a pin, push& hold the red reset button in, on the back of your base station.

Wait about 2 minutes for the lights on the base station to change from Orange to green.

Now return to your app/website page& add everything, beginning with the base station first & then your cameras. Now remake your schedule. I've had no problems since doing this, which was a week ago now. I've disarmed, used geo fencing, scheduling, rearmed and receive proper notifications since i reset my base. I do notice a slight delay in switching modes& my app displaying the correct mode, but it will update in a minute or so.

Yes it sucks to reset, especially if you have multiple cameras- but i see everyone complaining about troubleshooting their schedules& modes, but not one other post about resetting your base stations?? It fixed all my problems, which were all the same as everyone's been posting on this thread.

Reset your base stations. Problem solved.
Metoe 👍
scottm5443
Tutor
Tutor

Just as an FYI I had reset mine before install in the new house, but also before receiving the new firmware to the cameras. I will try another reset this weekend and see what happens.

Recki
Aspirant
Aspirant

@MeToe, this will solve the issue temporaly. 

How many chance for having back all those issues at the next release?

I am fortunate to have two devices where Arlo app is installed. Then I still can have an access to my configuration with a N-1 version of the app. 

What is the root cause of these bugs? Common point app in 2.5.0 on any devices

Netgear should have sent a rollback in order to minimize the impact on all customers. 

This is only my opinion.

NetBox
Apprentice
Apprentice
IMHO Netgear should not "force" us to update, we should have a choice.

I'm a great believer of "if it ain't broke then don't try and fix it, so if our system is working ok we shouldn't be forced to have updates pushed to us, unless it's a matter of security (no pun intended). Netgear are the same with some of their routers too, whereas other brands give you the option.

Firmware/software updates on many occasions fix one problem but just introduce another, so if a system is working well we should have the "option" to update or not.

That's just my view, but hope they get this fixed asap.
DennisHr
Initiate
Initiate

Thank you Mellisa ! It worked just fine .

moeza
Aspirant
Aspirant

I had a power outage and now cant get the system online.

all lights are green

firmware update 2.5.0.885 on the 15.5. is installed

thats +/- when the powerotage happende and  probelms started- 

I tried every pattern of power off-ON

nothing works.

any suggestions from ARLO team?

bonbon5000
Star
Star

Arlo support has suggested to reset teh base and to sync all the cameras again (5!!!) - it worked and then i tried to create a custom mode, and F*** same thing again!!! reset and sync... unbeleivele ... 

come -on netgear aren't you executing some QA tests before releasing new SW!!! its starigtforawd bugs and critical and severe regression!!!!!

ralfyguy1
Luminary
Luminary

I've had another night without any recordings between midnight and 8:00am. That's when the ARMED mode is supposed to be active per schedule. From 8:00am on it is scheduled to switch to a custom mode. This failed on the two days last Monday, worked fine Tuesday and Wednesday, failed Thursday, worked fine yesterday and failed again last night. This is REALLY starting to PI$$ me OFF!

Lemme tell you something: THIS IS NOT WHAT I BOUGHT IT FOR! Like countless other people I've spent hundreds of $$$ and part of the price was for a reliabe service, which is clearly not happening. It is UTTERLY unreliable when you need it the most and that is during the NIGHT when everyone is asleep!  I don't care what kind of IMBECILES Netgear has fumbling around with the Arlo system. JUST GO HIRE PEOPLE THAT ACTUALLY GOT AN IT EDUCATION!