Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

kmiller8821
Luminary
Luminary

Good Morning

Today, when I left, I noticed I didn't get an alert from my driveway camera.  When I got to the office, I logged in via the web, and noticed that under my "mode" tab all I see active is a little clock.  Normally, I keep my arlo in a "scheduled" mode as I have different cameras I arm/disarm and sensitivities that I adjust during different times of day.  What I should see is the little clock next to the word "weekday" as that schedule should be active.  However, all I see is the clock which is odd.  I went to the devices page and noticed that the "motion man" was not lit on any camera that should be armed.  I forced the mode to armed and the system armed as normal.  When I go back to click "schedule", again, all I see is the clock but no mode it's running and the "motion man" is not active on any camera.   Strangely, when I go to the app, and force schedule mode, it appears to show the clock - weekday and the "motion man" is lit within the app on my phone. This does not match what I see when I logon to the arlo website and my cameras are not recording in the scheduled mode even tho they should be.  I double checked the schedule, all looks fine.  I've made no changes to these settings in over 6 months.  I've already rebooted the base but I'm still seeing the same symptom.  TO me, it appears that the "schedule" mode is not working as it should at this time. Anyone else seeing this?

223 REPLIES 223
JoeCymru
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

*Sigh* I do believe we have another induced issue. Here is what has happened to my controls:

1. Order of modes rearranged themselves into an illogical order.

2. On app, base device when first getting into mode tab says "Armed" but with little clock. Last setting was for Schedule

3.  Tapping it for mode detail, mode detail says "Schedule". As was last set.

4. All little running man icons in Device are black as if on on app as if all cameras are in "Armed"

5. All little running man icons are gray on web GUI as if all cameras are "Disarmed"

6. In reality, all four cameras are obeying "Schedule" (which at this point should be and is "Exterior 1 Only") regardless of incorrect, mixed information on app or GUI.

Really Arlo? Really? I have been trying to love my system for quite a while now, and actually for a good while everything was fine. But it seems that as you all try to keep up in the environment of OS changes you continue to induce problems with fixes or for lack of insight and ignore changes in OS's that sends your code into psychosis. I have now - on Android 8 - (Oreo) encountered multiple audible notifications which there is no software solutions only work arounds, the mode tab debacle, and now this mess that makes your controls a monkey puzzle. Please fix this. No, I do not want to factory reset everything. I am beyond fatigue chasing things down only to discover that all the exercise and inconvenience is moot due to the problem being your breaking things with your fix on the last thing you broke. Please. Catch up and fix this without breaking something else.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

@TheKskis wrote:

@jguerdat Swtiched the schedule from "all motion on" to "armed" and still have the same issue. How is a real reset performed?

Note all settings and modes/rules/schedule for doing anything to speed the rebuild. Remove all devices from Settings, My Devices. Use the Add Device button in the Devices tab to claim the base. Sync your cameras.

Jeem
Apprentice
Apprentice
My scheduler died after update also. Had been working for well over 1 year.

Now weekday schedule rule is missing Monday and no way ‘yet’ to re-add.

Tried removing and recreating schedule rule and also adding a rule just for Monday. Nothing works!

To add insult, automatic arming based on schedule is flakey. Camera icons indicate disarmed, mode states armed. And vice versa.

For the love of god Netgear, hire a test/QA team and stop using the Arlo community as your beta testers.
MeToe
Star
Star

So I discovered the same/similar problems last night. Schedule was acting funny, not keep just inputted times, custom modes not being recognized by the schedule, geofencing not working when schedule was selected as the HOME setting. - After several attempts of trying to avoid it. -  I did a hard reset - I removed ALL my devices, cameras first, then base station from my account. Then on the back of your base station, using a pin, hold in the red reset button for apprx 10s.  The power light will be orange. Wait about 2 mins for the power light & internet light to be green. Now resync your cameras to your base station and all will work. Or at least it did for me. I had to remake all the custom modes & geofencing again, but so far so good. 

Good luck to you all. 

Melissa

JoeCymru
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
For at least a while everything is back to normal. I did a thing but it could be coincidental or real. It is really hard telling anymore. I uninstalled the app at my Android phone. Then went to cloud and accounts>backup and restore>auto app update (when reloaded) turned that off. Then went to Play Store and downloaded the app. Same method I used to get rid of multiple notifications. After that turned auto app setting reload back on cause Arlo is my most troublesom app by far but not my only one by a factor of 100. Modes came back in correct order. Little running man now is the correct intensity. Base displays the correct mode. Mode detail is correct. Schedule appears as set up. I have no clue as to what is going on behind the scenes, but Arlo definitely has not taken the time or done enough testing on working with the Oreo OS, and app regeneration.
Dferg
Apprentice
Apprentice
Arlo Is there a fix on its way?
This system is not cheap!
I have already given up on geofencing as it just doesn’t work and is totally unreliable. However the schedule and push notifications are essential and without them the system is about as good as a chocolate fire guard.
I don’t feel my property is protected as it should be.
FYI iPhone 8 iOS 11.3.1base station reset and still no joy
gleesmj
Star
Star
Has any representative from Netgear acknowledged that this is an issue yet? Or will there be radio silence for a few week/months until a new update is released.

This really is not acceptable. This isn't even a 'minor' bug there is a significant loss of functionality here.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

This topic has been escalated and is currently being investigated by the engineering team. I will provide an update as soon as I have more information.

JamesC

JoeCymru
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

I should know better and be careful about the joy. Sorry all to those who read my post and tried it as a cure. I made the "mistake" of insuring the website UI was also working fine. It appeared to be. But doing so ended up being negatively consequential. When I went back to the app, the little running man was not working properly, showing camera off when actually on. When I went to test cameras I began to get double notifications. When I went to do my "trick" to relieve myself of double notifications, it did not work. Not only is the activation icon not working, the mode order that was screwy before had come back and is screwy once more, and on the intial mode screen for the base it does show the little clock for schedule but no longer shows the operating mode the schedule is on. Fully half of the things that were screwed up before are back, and now I am back with multiple notifications that the last time in desperation I only cured by factory resetting my phone (something that I do not plan to do again just for an Arlo app problem ... better to just use Arlo as a toy spy camera on myself).

I am beyond frustration now. I know it isn't me. I have stood on my head multiple times trying to cure ills that turn out not to be hardware or environmentally induced. The Arlo system worked fine for months until something happened when the major mobile OS providers began to upgrade their systems: people began having all kinds of weird issues. Every time there is some Arlo firmware change or tweak or app "upgrade" something else breaks and new weirdness or loss of function is induced.

How many times can a customer go through the recurring controtions of reboots and resets and resyncs and reloads of Arlo and devices before it dawns on them that they have made a really poor choice in camera security? People want plug and play. Plug and play. Not this. 

philthompson69
Initiate
Initiate

Did the IOS update and my cameras motion stick man is not on when in armed mode have to disarm then re arm then the icon is black again then an hour later it’s grayed out again but camera is still set as activated, And my library recordings if my camera says Porch, Back Garden, Back Gate or anything else as I have 10 cameras when you play then they don’t say what the camera should say. I did a chat on line with Christine and found out had to reset base station re Sync all 10 cameras 2 are on my roof guttering and lost all my schedules set up. Why can’t they test these firmware updates before releasing to the millions of users of these systems. They told me everyone will have to do this to get icons working it is at the minute but my library names are still not right.

NetBox
Apprentice
Apprentice
I feel your pain Joe!

A CCTV system shouldn't be so frustrating, it is a security device people rely on. IT SHOULD JUST WORK!!

Netgear SHOULD NOT roll out updates for us to beta test. They should be 100% stable fully working releases, not just some developer's "idea" that they thought might work in principle but due to their lack of vision/technical knowledge/programming skills and basic short sightedness end up ruining our systems.

I am at this moment not able to use the scheduler at all. I delete everything, create new modes/rules etc all brand new. I am able now to manually arm my modes and they seem to work, but if I try to add them to a schedule and turn the schedule on the mode screen just shows a little click icon and doesn't name the mode next to it. The mode is then not active and I have no cctv security.

I have Arlo Q which seems not to suffer from this at the moment.

I have an original Arlo base station with original Arlo HD camera connected - schedule does NOT work on that.

I have an Arlo Pro base station with original Arlo HD camera connected & Arlo Pro cameras connected - schedule does NOT work on that.

So this is not just an Arlo Pro base station issue, it's the Arlo system backend which seems at fault.

Its not work experience week at the Arlo software development office is it by any chance? Or bring your child in to work and let them try coding on a live system?

Needs fixing please ASAP!!

Thanks for the update James BTW!

Just hope no one gets burgled in the mean time whilst they think their home is secured with Arlo (if you are away from home and relying on Arlo but haven't thought to check recently, you might think Arlo is protecting you but its not!!)
Barry2016
Guide
Guide

I updated my Arlo app to 2.5.0 on my iPhone and now the schedule only displays two modes, Armed and Disarmed even though there is NO Disarmed mode in my schedule at all. Please fix this!!

I have cycled off the base unit, completely rebuilt my schedule, and removed and reinstalled the app and it still displays an incorrect status on schedule.

shawndak07
Star
Star

Having similar issues! I believe my base unit updated as well so im not sure whats going on. Nothing will record, nor will they detect motion.

shawndak07
Star
Star

Unbelievable. Im also having the same issue. These devices have been nothing but a headache to me!!! Constantly have to take the cameras down and resync. Will never buy again.

Bronx__
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hey guys.

Having exactly the same issues. No displaying of the current status and the mode selecting area kepps showing me that it is trying to get the informations from the base-station. Cameras are not working at the moment and i cannot set the system to be armed or disarmed. Schedueled mode is not functioning at all.

Very disappointed at the moment after spending that much money.

Greets,

Chris

cbaileyuk
Apprentice
Apprentice

Schedule broken here as well. Been find for the preceding year - no problems at all until about 2 days ago.

Cdraper801
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same issue with the schedule not working since updating the iOS app to v. 2.5 on 5/14. Please fix this issue asap!
TheKskis
Star
Star

Got a response from support and was told to power down the base station for 30 seconds, turn back on, and reprogram the schedule mode. This appeared to work in the browser and seems to be back to normal. Although the mobile app still doesn't appear to be in sync with the browser. The Mobile app still shows the "motion icon" grayed out when the schedule has all cameras in "all motion on" setting. 

ralfyguy1
Luminary
Luminary

My system did NOT record ANYTHING the past two days after midnight! This is when I need the system working the most! I know for a FACT that stuff is going on during the night around here and this renders this whole thing useless! Getting up in the morning and finding no videos at all with the schedule still showing ARMED is rather scary.

NetBox
Apprentice
Apprentice
Totally agree Ralfyguy1

This needs fixing URGENTLY
kmiller8821
Luminary
Luminary

@TheKskis wrote:

Got a response from support and was told to power down the base station for 30 seconds, turn back on, and reprogram the schedule mode. This appeared to work in the browser and seems to be back to normal. Although the mobile app still doesn't appear to be in sync with the browser. The Mobile app still shows the "motion icon" grayed out when the schedule has all cameras in "all motion on" setting. 

I'm seeing the same behavior.  When I logon to the website, my schedule is running.  I confirmed by walking past cameras that should be armed and they are alerting as I expect.  I checked the Arlo app on my apple tv, it also confirms the schedule I'm seeing on the website.  The only delta is the app on my iPhone.  When I logon to the arlo app (ios 11.3.1, app verson 2.5.0) on my iPhoneX, the schedule only shows a clock (no mode next to it) and the motion man is not lit on any camera.  This would imply that the system is not armed, however, it actually is.  The problem appears to be in the app itself in that it's not getting the same data from the backend as the other apps (the web, apple tv).  I'm assuming another app update will resolve this so hopefully they are trying to get that sorted.  In the meantime, I'll leave it alone, let it run in schedule mode and confirm the mode on my apple tv and/or web browser and disregard what the "app" on the iphone says. If I'm feeling paranoid, I may force the system to "ARMED" mode when I go to bed just to have some peace of mind, however, from my observations and testing so far, it appears my schedule is working. I'd also like to mention that I no longer see the "ear" lit up on all my cameras (which it shouldn't have been anyway beause I do not use audio detection).  

Sherlock7
Guide
Guide

Ever since I added an additional camera to my system the schedule feature will not work properly. I have deleted and rentered the schedule as well as the modes i am using and rebooted the system multiple times.

As an example schedule says my back camera should  be recording right now but mode says disarmed.....

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It's not your account or system. Things are bad all over. Try using both the app and a computer browser - I find differences in them that have allowed me to get things working.

Taylor121217
Tutor
Tutor
Mine is also doing the same thing after the update but also I don’t get all alert. So I’m not being notified when it does go off. I never had an issue with either of these beforehand. This needs to b fixed as soon as possible. There’s no point in having the system if it doesn’t work properly.
Sherlock7
Guide
Guide

Thanks. Tried it doesn’t help