Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

kmiller8821
Luminary
Luminary

Good Morning

Today, when I left, I noticed I didn't get an alert from my driveway camera.  When I got to the office, I logged in via the web, and noticed that under my "mode" tab all I see active is a little clock.  Normally, I keep my arlo in a "scheduled" mode as I have different cameras I arm/disarm and sensitivities that I adjust during different times of day.  What I should see is the little clock next to the word "weekday" as that schedule should be active.  However, all I see is the clock which is odd.  I went to the devices page and noticed that the "motion man" was not lit on any camera that should be armed.  I forced the mode to armed and the system armed as normal.  When I go back to click "schedule", again, all I see is the clock but no mode it's running and the "motion man" is not active on any camera.   Strangely, when I go to the app, and force schedule mode, it appears to show the clock - weekday and the "motion man" is lit within the app on my phone. This does not match what I see when I logon to the arlo website and my cameras are not recording in the scheduled mode even tho they should be.  I double checked the schedule, all looks fine.  I've made no changes to these settings in over 6 months.  I've already rebooted the base but I'm still seeing the same symptom.  TO me, it appears that the "schedule" mode is not working as it should at this time. Anyone else seeing this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Improvements and fixes have been made in recent releases for the Schedule feature. You may need to clear out your schedule and set up again if you're still experiencing an issue.

Make sure your system has the latest firmware version available (take a look here for current releases: Firmware Release Notes).

If you're still experiencing an issue, please contact the Arlo Support Team to further investigate. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

JamesC

View solution in original post

223 REPLIES 223
TheKskis
Star
Star

@kmiller8821 I am experiencing the very same issue. Any help would be appreciated.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

App or browser? Have you tried both? Have you tried logging out and back in? Just wondering if it's a display issue.

TheKskis
Star
Star

@jguerdat It's occurring in my Browser...my schedule has been working fine up until today. When my schedule goes into "All Motion On" mode (All 6 cameras active) the "motion man icon" stays gray on all cameras and no motion is detected. When I take it out of schedule mode and just place it in "All Motion On" the motion man icons turn black and all works fine. I tried re-programming the "schedule mode" but same thing happens. I tried loggin in and out, restarted the base, etc. and still no working schedule mode.

kmiller8821
Luminary
Luminary

I've logged in and out on both the app and the browser. Data that I see in the app vs browser is not the same.  Also, the "ear" is lit up on all my cameras but I have audio detection turned off in every mode. The "ear" won't go off. NO idea, something wierd is definitely going on. 

Dferg
Apprentice
Apprentice
Hi. Just updated to 2.5.0 on IOS. Now my schedule doesn’t work and I cannot set a full schedule for the week. Very frustrating as I always use schedule as geofencing never works.
Dferg
Apprentice
Apprentice
Not only can I set a schedule but also if a schedule is set for armed at a certain time the system shows disarmed
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

We're currently investigating an issue with the schedule feature. I will provide an update as soon as I have more information.

JamesC

NetBox
Apprentice
Apprentice
My Arlo Pro schedule is on the blink too.

I have rules set up which have been working fine for a very long time. I checked tonight and noticed the wrong "mode" was showing as selected in the schedule.

According to my schedule (which has been set like this for about 6 months) it should be set to "Rear Yard" for example, but its showing on the main page as the "front yard" mode is set.

I've tried unscheduling and creating new rules but it seems the schedule is selecting whatever mode/rule it wants and not the one it is set up to be in the actual schedule planner.

I am totally sick of Netgear, it is just one problem after another after another.

These are security cameras, they are designed to protect your house and family. Netgear need to sort these stupid programming errors out, whoever works in their development division wants firing as they constantly mess things up and create more errors.

This need fixing urgently. The schedule is basically broken and I am left without any security on my property (other than having to manually arm my system which is a total pain and waste of batteries if I forget).

Shocking from you Netgear once again !!!
Dferg
Apprentice
Apprentice
Thanks James.
So you are aware I don’t get notifications either now as my app says disarmed. The system is actually armed and my partner (sat next to me) is getting notifications. Also her app shows the correct status for the camera. She is on the previous version of the app.
Patuba
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have  a base station with 3 Arlo Pro cameras. I have my cameras scheduled to run at different times based if they are inside or outside the house. There are no new recordings as of 1:30 AM CST and there should be several. Is this because of the schedule issue I have seen several posts about?

There should be recordings of our cars backing out of the garage and of a dog walker letting our dogs out. There are no recordings today 😞

I have rebooted the base station and that did not help. I can access the live cameras but it's not recording.

MB168
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same here, my both base stations just gone offline and not recording....

NetBox
Apprentice
Apprentice

Update after some testing.

It is impossible on the webbrowser to ammend some modes. Change the number of days from 7 to only 5 for example and you can save it but it does not ammend it.

The schedule is basically not working (and more importantly can not be relied on as of this moment).

So I have manually armed my cameras.......... however when I arm them on the PC using the web browser I set it to be armed on a certain mode (example FRONT) but when I log in on my Andriod phone, I see the mode it is armed with is REAR YARD.

When the hell is going on. It seems the Web broswer and the Andriod versions are all messed up and the order is not correct.

This system is totally unreliable as a security device and Netgear should be ashamed of what a mess they have created.

This system is a total joke.

PLEASE FIX THIS URGENTLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Paul_FCCL
Prodigy
Prodigy

This all came from recent base station upgrade 1.10.0.4_20963 which has messed everything up, modes, schedule and all camera settings. Unbelievable and senseless disaster kind of firmware deployment. Makes you wonder how things like this are allowed to happen. Expensive toys, owned and paid for by us, yet in complete control by reckless software operators. Things going from bad to worse.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

If it's the app that's the problem you can always use a computer browser.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

@TheKskis wrote:

@jguerdat It's occurring in my Browser...my schedule has been working fine up until today. When my schedule goes into "All Motion On" mode (All 6 cameras active) the "motion man icon" stays gray on all cameras and no motion is detected.

This may be your problem. "All Motion On" is a long time remnant of very old firmware. Get rid of it and use only Armed. You may need to reset everything (a real reset, not a power cycle) and start fresh. Anyone with All Motion On/Off is prone to having problems.

Patuba
Aspirant
Aspirant

It’s both the app and computer. The cameras simply aren’t recording on schedule.

Thebennyhana
Aspirant
Aspirant

So.... now geomapping says I'm home while gone, and while.gone, I'm home. My schedule is all jacked up... like it cant tell time all the sudden. What happened this time? It's been like a whole week with no arlo issues, new record....

kmiller8821
Luminary
Luminary

So this morning I am now seeing my modes next to the clock when I chose schedule, however, moments after it auto-selects my schedule (in this case 'weekdays") it goes back to DISARMED with the clock next to it.  It appears the schedule is still having issues. I'm just going to leave my system in manual ARMED mode until I know for sure this is resolved. Had I not gone back to look, i would have been disarmed all day. 

gleesmj
Star
Star
I am having the same issue.

@netgear can something be done urgently to address this issue?
TheKskis
Star
Star

@jguerdat Swtiched the schedule from "all motion on" to "armed" and still have the same issue. How is a real reset performed?

NetBox
Apprentice
Apprentice
Netgear once again have just proved that their software developers are Muppets.

I was initially pleased with Arlo and have spent a fortune on their stuff. Arlo Q cameras, Arlo HD system and Arlo Pro, but due to the total incompetent software developers they have just proved the Arlo system is nothing but an expensive TOY and can not be taken seriously as a reliable CCTV security system.

I have just today purchased a brand new "other brand' CCTV system and will slowly now get rid of my Arlo equipment as it simply can not be relied upon to protect my home.

Netgear should be ashamed of themselves for the many errors produced by bad untested updates made. Their software coders obviously are not up to the job.

TEST SOFTWARE UPDATES BEFORE you release them!!!

Don't ruin your customer's security systems leaving them vulnerable to breakins and theft.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Try restarting the base.

kmiller8821
Luminary
Luminary

I also wanted to mention that regardless of mode (except disarm) the "ear" remains lit as if I'm listening for audio events even tho audio detection is specfically disabled. I haven't recieved any actual audio alerts, however, but the indicator is lit when it should not be. 

TheKskis
Star
Star

@kmiller8821 I'm seeing the same thing. I have 5 original Arlo's and 1 Arlo Pro. The ear is now showing for the original Arlo's (which do not have sound capability). The ear never showed before Monday.