Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Notification LED Light Is Not Working/Blinking

Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 6 In Conversation
desertrat1981
Apprentice
Apprentice

Galaxy S7 oreo 8.0 The notification sound is now stuck on the same sound as my text messages. Even after I've changed it in the settings. Also, my cells LED doesn't blink anymore with notifications. I've changed the color and blink speed options, but still nothing. I just barely fixed the multiple notification problem. C'mon arlo, please fix this issue. Thanks.

12 REPLIES 12
Johnny290
Mentor
Mentor

After the last couple of updates when the people working for Arlo broke everything, then try to fix it. The notification light doesn't blink anymore when my camera is triggered. If anybody has a solution appreciate it if you let me know. I'm using a Samsung S8 Plus

Johnny290
Mentor
Mentor

One other thing not sure if other people are having this problem. When I close the app I'm getting notification sound when there is been no triggers of my cameras.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

What version of the Arlo Mobile App are you using? What Android version is your Galaxy s8 running?

Johnny290
Mentor
Mentor
Always running the latest version I wish it was that simple. The S8 is running Oreo
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

The custom notification issue is being investigated & we will report with an update as soon as possible. 

Regarding your second issue, What version of the Arlo Mobile App are you running?

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

You have tried to remove & re-install the App already?

pc2k17
Hero
Hero

Anyone on android......... you have the ability to unistall the new app and go back to an older working version of the app. Bing or google how to install older versions of app on android.

I'm still on an older vewrsion, knew better not to update until the bugs are worked out, and everything is working fine. I have blinking led, my own custom notification sound, all icons, easy view of camera with one swipe, etc, etc....

Johnny290
Mentor
Mentor
Arlo version 265 which is the latest version. S8 plus is running Oreo ...everything was fine until Arlo gave us an update and broke everything
JoeCymru
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Notifications in the Arlo app are broken. For sound changes on Android with 8.0, you may now be able to change sounds by going through the phone: Settings>Apps>Arlo>Notifications>Notifications>Sound. This appeared on my phone when the Arlo app updated. However I have not found any way to change the notification LED color. thatexists only in the Arlo app and does not work.

Johnny290
Mentor
Mentor

👍

desertrat1981
Apprentice
Apprentice
Not sure who you're asking, but I have removed the app and reinstalled. Any idea of a time frame for a fix??
Els2582
Aspirant
Aspirant
Mine is not working either. What is the time timeframe for repair. That feature was very convenient.