Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Chime

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
JimOfWA
Tutor
Tutor
1. Followed the instructions to link the chime with a motion on camera, but does not work. Even went as far as removing & resynching chime, but still does not work. The rule I want to attach the chime to is used in the schedule mode. Anyone have an idea?
2. Noticed that Doorbell has motion sensor, but chime does not even come up in the add a device area. Why is that when you can have doorbell start a camera on motion, but you can’t have it ring a bell?
11 REPLIES 11
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @JimOfWA

Are you not able to save the mode or is the mode created, but will not ring the chime when motion is detected?

JimOfWA
Tutor
Tutor
Won’t ring the chime. The mode saves & is working, ie activates camera, takes video & notifies me of motion via push.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Do you happen to have the chime set as silent by accident? You can check this under Devices > Select/Doorbell > Silent Mode Off/On - 3 Options

JimOfWA
Tutor
Tutor
No the chime isn’t attached to the doorbell since I have an existing chime. I have attached it to the camera under add a device
JimOfWA
Tutor
Tutor
Hit enter too soon. Even when I had the chime attached to doorbell ( it did work when the doorbell button pushed) the chime has never worked in camera motion.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Did you use the Traditional Chime as the doorbell settings?

JimOfWA
Tutor
Tutor
Yes, but before I discovered how to make the traditional chime work I linked the doorbell to the chime and the chime worked fine.
JimOfWA
Tutor
Tutor
Yes, but before I discovered how to make the traditional chime work I linked the doorbell to the Arlo chime and the Arlo chime worked fine.
JimOfWA
Tutor
Tutor

Apparently no one has a solution. Chime must be a dud!

JimOfWA
Tutor
Tutor
Tried an experiment & attached chime to a camera NOT attached to doorbell & it worked. Looks like the camera can only be associated with one extra device; either doorbell or chime. JimK Humanity over Flag
JimOfWA
Tutor
Tutor
Feb 23 AM. The chime is now working on motion on camera attached to the doorbell. It would be nice if someone would explain what happened in a support note or some other method. Thank you Arlo Support. JimK. Humanity over Flag