Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Cameras Not Recording - Neighbors causing It?

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Lucky123
Aspirant
Aspirant

I think my neighbors are somehow blocking my cameras when they are in their view. My cameras will be recording video every 2 minutes until they come near and then i will get no recordings until they leave the area, then the cameras go back to recording a video every 2 minutes. Today all 3 cameras i had out quit recording at the same time for 11 minutes the exact time that my neighbors were out here in front of my house. Is their a way this could be done, i dont have a clue how they are doing it?

3 REPLIES 3
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Tho it may be possible, I think I would lean to another type of issue... something more like they are using their wifi and it may be interfering with the wifi signals of the cameras.

Have you been able to start a LIVE view and manual record while they are there ??

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Lucky123
Aspirant
Aspirant

No i havent tried live while they are out there. We live on a 5 acre lot and there is a 5 acre lot between our lot and the lot they live on, they do have wireless cameras 20 feet from our front door though, i dont really know how their wifi reaches that far, there arent any buildings between i guess is how.  But our cameras work fine unless they are physically out there.it just started a couple of weeks ago, before that for the past 2 years they have worked when they are out there.

Lucky123
Aspirant
Aspirant

Is there some way that they could be doing it, and if so how