Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Camera crashing

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Nsherman
Aspirant
Aspirant

We have bought an Arlo pro camera to set up to watch a waiting room that has no personal near it. I monitor on a TV with a fire stick and Alexa to bring up the video as there is no fire tv native app. It works great but the camera stream turns off after a certain amount of time. It is plugged in at all times and I thought at first it was going into a "sleep mode" but it will sometime display for an hour or two and other times only a few minutes until I have to activate Alexa again.  Any help would be appreciated.

6 REPLIES 6
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

Is this a Pro or a Pro-2?

You'll need to purchase continuous recording (CVR) to stream continuously - which I don't think is available on the Pro.

Nsherman
Aspirant
Aspirant

@StephenB it is a pro VMS4130 and we are not trying to record just have a live stream that doesn't random "crash" (not the best word because the camera is working just fine it just stops stream until I tell it to come back again) 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Nsherman wrote:

@StephenB it is a pro VMS4130 and we are not trying to record just have a live stream that doesn't random "crash" (not the best word because the camera is working just fine it just stops stream until I tell it to come back again) 

Understood.

The Live stream won't run indefinitely - it will automatically stop after a while.  However the timing on that shouldn't be that variable.

Nsherman
Aspirant
Aspirant

I get that it won't stay on forever but sometimes it will stay on for 2+ hours and then I will have to start it up again every 5 minutes. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Nsherman wrote:

I get that it won't stay on forever but sometimes it will stay on for 2+ hours and then I will have to start it up again every 5 minutes. 

When it fails, are you seeing any off-line indications via the web client or the Arlo Android/iOS app?

Perhaps try support: https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

All the Arlo cameras have a time out built in the SW...( except baby)

only the Q cameras seem to run the longest.

( optional CVR is available as mention above )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------