Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Jondlang
Follower
Follower
I previously had both the base station and camera linked to the arlo app but had to disconnect the camera as it was no longer recording anything. I have tried to re sync it to the app, but the app cannot locate it. Currently the only arlo item listed in the app is the base station. The camera is synced with the base station, but still the app cannot find and re-add the camera. I am about at wit's end with arlo as they're camera system has been as useless as a paper weight. Any help with figuring out how to connect the camera would be greatly appreciated.
2 REPLIES 2
KCDesert42
Guide
Guide

I have similar issues and they started about 1.5 months ago. I have six cameras, pay them for the service upgrades and they are useless! Most of the time I get that stupid message saying the camera is offline. It isnt! Their system is! 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hello @Jondlang

Have you tried removing the camera from settings & reboot the camera by removing the battery/reinserting it? Also, you do not need to use the app to sync the camera. You can pres the base station's sync button for 2 seconds then pres the camera sync button for about a second, once firmly and release.