Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Camera - Alarm based on motion detection of specific camera

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
soaresmp
Follower
Follower

Good morning! Quick feedback: I have cameras inside and outside the house. I understand it is not possible to trigger the sound alarm based on the outside cameras due to "false positive" motion detection. However, could you consider triggering the alarm based on a given camera detection? In such case, I can configure my indoor cameras to alarm when movement is detected. Thanks a lot.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@soaresmp wrote:

In such case, I can configure my indoor cameras to alarm when movement is detected. Thanks a lot.

You can already trigger the siren on any camera's motion detection - https://kb.arlo.com/1145368/How-do-I-create-a-rule-that-includes-a-siren-trigger

@soaresmp wrote:

I understand it is not possible to trigger the sound alarm based on the outside cameras due to "false positive" motion detection. 

Well it is possible to trigger the siren from the outside cameras.  But false positives would be annoying.  I'd want to get a pretty good understanding of the amount of false positives for each camera before doing this.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@soaresmp wrote:

In such case, I can configure my indoor cameras to alarm when movement is detected. Thanks a lot.

You can already trigger the siren on any camera's motion detection - https://kb.arlo.com/1145368/How-do-I-create-a-rule-that-includes-a-siren-trigger

@soaresmp wrote:

I understand it is not possible to trigger the sound alarm based on the outside cameras due to "false positive" motion detection. 

Well it is possible to trigger the siren from the outside cameras.  But false positives would be annoying.  I'd want to get a pretty good understanding of the amount of false positives for each camera before doing this.