Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo App for iPhone Location Services is Missing

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
SuperDaddy
Aspirant
Aspirant

The Arlo App on my daughter's iPhone does not appear in location services.

I have made sure she has no special characters in the phone name.  Didn't work.

I have deleted the app numerous times. Most times I turned off the phone after deleting the app and restarted the phone before resintall the app. Didn't work.

I have removed her as granting access and then re-invited her and started the process over again.  Didn't work.

I called tech support.  Useless. I asked to be transferred to level 2 support.  Tech support said level 2 support was busy but I  would I receive a call back from them in a half hour.  That was about two hours ago.

Any suggestions about possible fixes I haven't already tried would be appreciated.

11 REPLIES 11
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @SuperDaddy

What version IOS is her iphone running? Also, what is the version of the Arlo mobile app is installed on the phone?

SuperDaddy
Aspirant
Aspirant

It is a iPhone XR, running 12.3.1 with most recet version of app.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Was the app previously listed in the Location Services list? Were there any IOS updates performed recently?

SuperDaddy
Aspirant
Aspirant

I think it worked orignally as I think I would have checked in on install but I don't remember specifically.  If it did, it didn't work for long as it has been an ongoing problem given the geofencing is dependent upon location services being on.  The phone is only about 3 months old. 

I think her apps and OS are set to autoupdate.  I assume there have been updates in last three months but, again, I don't know for sure.

I will add that I have tried signing in with my credentials to see if the app would appear in location services but it did not.

Suggestions?

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

I am not to sure why her phone is not allowing location services for the Arlo app, that's a weird one. Can you try and install IOS 12.4 on the Iphone & check again? You may want to do another fresh remove & install of the Arlo Mobile app as well. The latest version of the Arlo IOS app is 2.7.12

Also, does thee happen to be any safety measures/passwords blocking the location services?

DamianPC
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi all,
I know this has been discussed in other forums but none of the answers have solved my issue
I have granted access to my wife. She has created an account and logged in. She has access to all cameras but Arlo will not snow up on location services. Apple iPhone.
In modes setting she is unable to edit anything other than schedule.
I’ve tried changing the phone name as has been suggested to get rid of characters and I’ve deleted and re-installed the app. Signed out and in. But I cannot get Arlo to request location.
Any suggestions? Thanks

SuperDaddy
Aspirant
Aspirant

I installed 12.4.  Removed the app and reinstalled and logged in both with my account and hers.  Still Arlo app is not contained in location services for me to select "alway", "only while in use" or never. Suggestions?

Paladdo
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same problem here.  2 iPhone xrs running ios 12.4.........one has locatdion services on, the other there seems to be no way to trun on location services.  the Arlo app settings does not have that option.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Paladdo

Can you provide a bit more detail regarding this issue? 

What are the steps you perform to get to the location services?

Are you in Settings > Privacy > Location Services > ARLO?

Paladdo
Aspirant
Aspirant

The problem seens to be resloved......I deleted the app from phone #2 and re installed it.  That seems to have worked, geofencing seems, at least for the moment,  to be working correctly with the new app.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

That is great news!

let me know if you have any further questions & I will be here to assist you.