Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Base Station Siren will not trigger in SmartThings upon 2nd or subsequent intrusion

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 In Conversation
kian
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the Arlo Base Station siren setup to trigger when there is an intrusion alert in Smart Home Monitor. The problem is that after the first intrusion, the siren will not turn on for subsequent intrusions until you Dismiss the intrusion alert in Smart Home Monitor.

I looked at the Events in the Device Handler for the Base Station Siren in SmartThings and this is what it shows:

2017-12-09 4:30:01.828 PM PST
moments ago DEVICE alarm off Home alarm is off
2017-12-09 4:28:19.433 PM PST
moments ago DEVICE alarm off Home alarm is off
2017-12-09 4:28:13.509 PM PST
moments ago DEVICE switch on Home switch is on

The first "switch on" you see above is the siren turning on. The first "alarm off" is disarming the alarm with my keypad or phone. Then I used my keypad to arm the system again. 

Then when I opened the door to trigger a 2nd intrusion nothing happened. I disarmed with keypad again at this point which is the 2nd "alarm off" you see.

So there is no "switch on" for the second intrusion in the Events for the Device in SmartThings.

NETGEAR/ARLO: Please fix your DTH in SmartThings for the Arlo Pro Base Station so that it sends the "switch on" for the siren every time!

Your live chat support reps dont even know what Im talking about when I mention this.

1 REPLY 1
kian
Aspirant
Aspirant

I should mention that I am using another SmartApp in SmartThings called SHM Delay which allows for an Entry Delay before the Alarm triggers.