Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 45 Replies
  • 19 Likes
  • 12 In Conversation
Cervontez
Tutor
Tutor

I noticed i wasnt getting any alerts today. Checked the app and its showing my system is offline. Checked the base and i have 3 green solid lights. I power cycled, reset and moved the wire to another slot in the router. Nothing seems to work. Its showing the same thing loging into Arlo on a web broswer. I had a thought that maybe the Arlo network is down but I was able to log into my inlaws system without a problem. 

Is anyone else experiencing this? Im at a loss on how to fix this. Any help would be appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cervontez
Tutor
Tutor

I got it back running. This is the steps I did:

Reset the Base Station. Stuck a pin in the reset hole until the lights turned amber

Power Cycled for 1 minute

While that was coming up, I deleted the base station from my account

Once the green lights were on, installed based station to account

Re-installed each camera

Now im up and running. Only bad thing is all my settings are gone. I had to redo my schedule and modes.

View solution in original post

45 REPLIES 45
Cervontez
Tutor
Tutor

I got it back running. This is the steps I did:

Reset the Base Station. Stuck a pin in the reset hole until the lights turned amber

Power Cycled for 1 minute

While that was coming up, I deleted the base station from my account

Once the green lights were on, installed based station to account

Re-installed each camera

Now im up and running. Only bad thing is all my settings are gone. I had to redo my schedule and modes.

Joannenwv53
Initiate
Initiate
I don't even know if I have my base station hooked up right it will not go on line and I just moved. Before I moved it worked great now it won't I even bought a subscription and can't get anyone to call me and help me. I don't even know how to hook up the router.
I need help
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Your network has to be working in th efirst place - is it? If so, have you connected the base to the router with the Ethernet cable? If so, what are the LEDs on the base showing? At least the power and Internet LEDs have to be green.

Browntree
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks for the suggestion.  I deleted my system and added all the eqipment back.  The system is up and running.  

chavez1
Initiate
Initiate

Thank you for the help  I had to do the same thing and it is up and running.

I originally contacted customer support I recieved a call from a tech and they wanted me to give them full control of my computer in order to solve the issue..  Not knowing who this person is I just would not do it.

Thank you for your suggestion..... 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Are you sure you called Arlo and didn't just Google for a number?

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

Browntree
Tutor
Tutor
Hey no problems. Someone else suggested I get an UPS, so I’ve ordered one to keep my security, wireless, and router up during power outages. Best of luck to you.
ArloProOwner
Apprentice
Apprentice

Jan 14, 2019:  I'm curious to know how long this will last......it's not a simple thing to do if you have 10 cameras, most in awkward places to retrieve and synch to the base station again.....and again.....and again....so keep us posted!  IF it lasts for months, then it will be worth a shot to fix my Arlo Pro system.

ArloProOwner
Apprentice
Apprentice

Jan 14, 2019

How is the "UPS" working for you?  How did you connect it, to the Arlo base station where the Usb ports are????  Curious and if it works to solving this issue os the Base station constantly going off line a hundred times a day, then it would be worth getting a "UPS"

Please advise.  Thank you.

Browntree
Tutor
Tutor
Hello, the UPS is working out very well. It’s straightfoward to connect. I am running my security, wireless router, modem, and Alexa off one UPS. My backup time is over 8 hours, given I don’t have that large of load. I ran my Ethernet through th UPS to eliminate line surges. Everything else is plugged into one of the backup/surge inputs. I also purchased a UPS for my tv, and other streaming devices. No issues with base station since!
Browntree
Tutor
Tutor
Yeah that can be a headache if you have a bunch of cameras. I’m not sure why the power interruption causes such a problem with the base station, but the UPS will give really good backup time if you run only security related devices. I’m definitely satisfied with the UPSs I bought.
StephenAB
Tutor
Tutor

Reseting the base station is not the solution. Arlo has a problem that remains unaddressed. Both my HD base and Pro 2 base go offline repeatedly. What you are doing is a work around for their problem. The systems can continue to work but remain offline to apps, browser and their servers at support center. Before reseting your base try recycling your router. After much experimenting I have found this to work consistently. Arlo shows little interest in fixing this failure of the equipment. I have three other camera systems (all cheaper) that have no problems.

Browntree
Tutor
Tutor
There very well could be an ongoing issue Arlo needs to fix. Resetting the base didn’t solve the problem entirely. As explained in the thread, deleting and adding the cameras back resolved the problem. I discovered the problem because I do back up to an external hard drive and could see the cameras were indeed working even though I couldn’t access them. I’ve had my cameras for about a year, and I’ve only had this issue once. It hasn’t repeatilly happened.
ArloProOwner
Apprentice
Apprentice

Jan 21, 2019

I'd like to know if Resetting the Base Station with a pin has fixed your problems to date.  I would imagine that this only lasted a short time, as that's been my experience with all the constant adjusting and restarting, etc.

Here's my latest problem as of today:

OK, nothing recording on any of my 10 cameras since 12:40 am (8  hours ago).  Not even my indoor cameras were working!!!!!  I can't even look at any of the cameras live, they are just "Connecting".  When it finally does something after several minutes, it comes up with  (!) The device failed to connect.  Please try again. [OK, got it]   which in itself is an infuriating thing to have to tap on…yes!  I got it, and NO it's not Okay!!!!!!!!!  This failure happens to me every single day every time I open the app and even go onto the myarlo website.  I am so disgusted with my Arlo Pro/2 system.

Some of the outdoor cameras say they can't charge because of the cold, and some aren't saying that, yet they are all PLUGGED IN TO ELECTRIC.  So I go into the "my arlo" on a computer, and all of the cameras say what the iphone app says that it hasn't made a new recording since 12:40 am, so it's not the phone app, it's the Arlo Pro/2 SYSTEM, yet still.  And how do I know it's just ARLO?!!!  Because my other camera systems are working just fine!  Luckily I have the other brand systems too!!!! Because I certainly can't depend on my Arlo System catching anything necessary….  So,  back to the "my arlo" on a computer, again, Arlo Pro/2 needs to have everything available in ONE SECTION, not 4 that conflict with each other and that you have to go to 2 or more separate place to adjust one single camera….which doesn't work anyway when you adjust it.  So now I had to go back into either Mode or Settings, and found that the Motion was unchecked, yet the Audio was still checked and the to record a particular length was checked, yet when you went into that to edit it, the slider was all the way down to ZERO seconds?!!!!  WTF, if anything it should default to record while motion is detected, not to record a length of ZERO seconds, AND then the PUSH NOTIFICATIONS was unchecked!!!  So I had to go into all 10 cameras and adjust them all to my liking (which is a waste because nothing is consistent with this system except constant failures)….  So something happened after 12:40 am this morning that changed the settings on my cameras and UNCHECKED Motion, and push notifications, and amount of time to record if motion happens…….This system is just unbelievable, every single day it is something, and something that keeps happening, because there is nothing that I can do anymore, it's all up to Arlo Pro/2 to issue better updates or something.  I've even purchased a backup UPS as suggested by some other customers, so there was another $50 bucks that was a waste, because it does not work, the Arlo Pro/2 Base still goes off line CONSTANTLY!!!!!  I am at my wits-end which this system, and I refuse to spend another friggin dime on Arlo Pro/2 or anything else to "make it work".  It's not me, it's YOU Arlo.

It takes a lot of time to type up these comments and frustrations and try to remember which action  you had to do AGAIN.  Because someone always comes along and says, did you do this or that….YES I'VE DONE EVERYTHING, and t his is all Arlo Pro/2's system.  I wouldn't even think of purchasing that new Ultra system!  I can't imagine the flaws that it's going to have, when they can't fix the multiple problems with my Arlo Pro/2 system.  And the fact that I have to attempt to fix it by restarting the base (several times a day) is just an absolute waste of time.  Again, there is no rhyme or reason to any of these fails, and I'm just so disgusted with my Arlo Pro/2 system.  As I am taking the time to type this information, I decided once again, to RESTART MY BASE from my iphone app…..The cameras seem to be detecting now (some are and some are not), but how long it will last is unknown at best.  I have to restart this base at least once a day….and since there was a problem with the system not working for at least 8 hours, the cameras were not making any records, so there's a big 8 hour gap between last recording and now starting up again….PATHETIC! ABSOLUTELY PATHETIC….fortunately, my 2 other brands of cameras were working the entire 8 hours that Arlo was not!

ArloProOwner
Apprentice
Apprentice

Jan 21, 2019

Unfortunately, I purchased a backup UPS for this reason, as some suggested, and it has not solved my problem with the base continually going off line.  See my long rant in this same section today.

pamg757
Initiate
Initiate
I really need help. I deleted my base station from my mobile Arlo app. I restarted my based station but now when I try to add it back I can't get it to link up. Also can't get any of my cameras to sync to the base station. Help
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Remove all devices that may still be in Settings, My Devices. Hold the base reset button until the LEDs flash amber. Let the base reboot and then claim normally using the Add Device button in the Devices screen. Sync the cameras.

ArloProOwner
Apprentice
Apprentice

Jan 25, 2019 (USA 10:35 am EST)

This morning, my entire sytem is not recording or alerting or anything at all.  I have restarted the base a couple of times now already, it's been 3 hours since it has recorded anything.  I can't even access the cameras on a computer when I log into my account.  I've tried to restart the system on the website (on a computer, not my smart phone app) and it says that a camera is busy.....Uhhhhhhhhh, I have 10 cameras, which one, and it obviously is NOT busy because it's not recorrding a damn thing and none of them have been for the past 3 hours.  And it's definitely, just my Arlo system, as my other 3 different brands are working and recording and alerting just fine.   And to try and get anywhere on this stupid website is ridiculous.  Trying to find out if the the Arlo/Netgear system is down or searching for anything in this community is such a waste of time.  I actually had to go into my emails and find where I received email responses from people commenting about what I commented about.  WHAT IN THE HELL IS GOING ON?!!!!!!  This is the first time I've had THIS happen, and especially not being able to get to it via a computer on arlo's website.  I am ate my absolute wits end with this system.  It is becoming more and more frustrating as each day passes.  This system has cost me so much time and money.  It is just pathetic.  

ArloProOwner
Apprentice
Apprentice

Jan 25, 2019 (USA 10:43 am EST)

And if it wasn't for the absurd amount of money I have invested in this 10 camera system, with all the replacement batteries that had to be purchased and all of the power cords to make sure all of these cameras have constant power to them, since I can no longer depend on the rechargeable batteries...I would throw these cameras and the entire system right in the trash.....but I can't because I have spent so much money and continually spend money for a paid yearly subscription (Arlo Smart Premier).

I can't even live view any of my 10 cameras, for the past several hours.......What is going on?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  They are not alerting, recording, live viewing the entire system is absolutely useless right now and for the past several hours.....Makes absolutely no sense.  What is going on with Arlo/Netgear or whatever.....as I said, my other systems are working find and as I type this, getting alerts from other brands I have.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Did you just turn the base off and back on with the power switch? WHat are the LEDs on the base showing?

ArloProOwner
Apprentice
Apprentice

Jan 25, 2019 (USA) 6:23 pm EST

I came home, all of the cameras had a blue light on them (not that that means anything), went to my Arlo base and all 3 lights were solid green.  I turned the power button off on the back of the base, then unplugged it, waited a couple of minutes and plugged it back in.....waited a few more minutes and checked my phone app.   I checked one camera for live view, it seemed fine, going to live view, then....scrolled down through the rest of the cameras, most had a message about "This Arlo device is offline  Please make sure it is connected to the Internet.  Visit support.arlo.com for help."  Other cameras were showing the message about the "incompatible charger" . And others still have the still photo from 7 hours ago this morning when it last worked.    So now, another hour later, and no notifications, the 3 green lights on base are solid, occassionally the middle one flashes.  The phone app Base says getting information and does nothing and stays in the "getting information" mode.....

ArloProOwner
Apprentice
Apprentice

Jan 25, 2019 (usa 9:00 pm EST)

I have been putzing around with this friggin system for 3 hours straight, and some of the cameras seem to be "busy" when in actuallity they are not, and I keep getting stuck (on phone app) in the audio settings...it fades and I can see the mic is on and the speaker volume is on and the slide is all the way down to zero and it freezes in please wait and never gets out of it or refreshes, so you have to get out of the app altogether and start in it again.  Some of the cameras refresh when you go into the video settings, and some won't.   All of them tonight when I went into the video settings, every single camera, for some reason was zoomed in to the maximum top left speck.  Lately it's been a couple of the cameras that had been doing that, but as I mentioned before, every day/hour seems to get worse and worse.  Some of these cameras as I said will not refresh and part of the photo of the camera snapshot is blocked like It is set to a zoomed part, yet you can't refresh it and start over.  I am tired, I can't believe these stupid cameras/system can even get any worse, but it is somehow managing to do exactly that.  I am at my wits end.  I am so frustrated and infuriated that I am ready to rip all of them down and be done with this mess, because they have become a massive nussence and a complete unreliable, unacceptable, undependable complete trash of a system.  I don't foresee any thing becoming resolved since there is no rhyme or reason to any of this complete failure.  The system is useless as of today, and I thought it was already pretty useless, but today is the first that it has been completely useless, not one camera works at this point, and the base is getting information......I have some information for it and I can show it with one finger!

ArloProOwner
Apprentice
Apprentice

January 26, 2019 (USA, EST 11:45 am)

Dear Cervontez and anyone else that has reset their base.... did this finally work and has it been steadily working properly since you stuck a pin in the base?  I have 10 cameras and don't want to do this unless it came to be an actual "solved" issued.  Sometimes I think they put "Solved" just to make it appear there are no problems with their system.  I have plenty of problems and each day they seem to be getting worse.  My entire Arlo Pro system has been unavailable for over 24 hours now....I am so frustrated I could throw this complete system in the garbage but it cost too stinking much money, as you can figure out.   The app on my phone and even going onto "MyArlo" on a computer is not working properly either, so this tells me it's something to do with the Arlo/Netgear software or something.  I need an actual permanent fix/adjustment, whatever you want to call, nobody should have to bring down all of their cameras off of their mounts and resync them to the base, that is absurd.  It takes alot of work and finagling to get these cameras where you want them in the first place, and then to have to remove them and reset them and then try to put then back and have to start all over again is ridiculous, especially if it has to be done more than once. Please advise if this "fix" you did is really and truly solved to date which is January 26 2019....

Cervontez
Tutor
Tutor
My cameras have been stable since I deleted and re-added them. Is all your cameras updated to the newest software?