Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Aznsorpor
Tutor
Tutor
Keep getting error saying app keep stopping and it restarts the Arlo app constantly. I use a Samsung note 8 but shouldn't be the phone since my bf uses same phone and can see my camera and videos without this issue. I have restarted phone and reinstalled app and still doesn't work.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

An update for the Arlo mobile app has been release that resolves this issue. Please make sure you have the latest version of the Arlo mobile app installed from the app store:

Release Notes - Android App 2.4.11 - 11th April 2018

JamesC

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
mel-
Tutor
Tutor

Have 2 accounts set up. Share cameras between the accounts for a total of 5 in each account.  Started using a Samsung S9, it works fine on the first account which I setup. The second account keeps shutting down within seconds and gives the following error:

Arlo has stopped.  Close app.   Send feedback

After trying again to open app I get the following:

Arlo keeps stopping

Both Arlo Accounts run fine on a Samsung s5 and on a notebook

I was having the problem with a bug causing the session to timeout after being in the background for some period of time.  The March 26, 2018 update fixed this.  The March 26 version is also supposed to "Fixed a bug that could cause the app to crash" but apparently not on S9's

I tried uninstalling the app and then installing again, same result..

Everything is up to date and the only problem seems to be on the S9

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Aznsorpor, mel-

Do you notice the crash happening when you are performing a specific action (navigating to the library, logging in, live streaming a camera)? What Versions of the Android OS are you running on the devices that experience the crash?

JamesC

mel-
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks for the reply.  The one with the problem is a brand new Samsung S9 running Andriod Version 8.0.0.  As stated, it barely has time to come up when logging on that it crashes.  It is not caused by any other action then just logging on as I don't really have time to go to Library, etc before it crashes.  I can run both of my accounts normally on a PC, a Samsung S5 and a couple of S4's.  As I mentioned before, one of my accounts run fine on the S9.  The account that runs fine consists of 5 local cameras set up at a business..  The 2nd account consists of 2 local cameras and 3 cameras that are shared from the 1st account for a total of 5.  I never had any trouble with this setup until trying to run it on the S9.  Let me know what other info you need and I will provide it.

Thanks

@JamesCwrote:

Aznsorpor, mel-

Do you notice the crash happening when you are performing a specific action (navigating to the library, logging in, live streaming a camera)? What Versions of the Android OS are you running on the devices that experience the crash?

JamesC

mel-
Tutor
Tutor

This is a screenshot showing the error which appears immediately upon login with a Samsung S9

Aznsorpor
Tutor
Tutor
No specific action. It loads and then no matter if I click anything or not, I get an error saying arlo stopped and restarted with option to restart or send feedback, which I have. This happened on my note 8 before the recent OS update and still happens now after the oreo update. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app multiple times but doesn't work.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

I've escalated this topic for further investigation. I will provide an update as soon as I have more information.

JamesC

Lars100
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have the same problem with my Samsung a3.
Also the App stops working without message after a certain time. So also the geolocationservice stops, so geofencing isn't working. About 1 month ago this was working properly.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

An update for the Arlo mobile app has been release that resolves this issue. Please make sure you have the latest version of the Arlo mobile app installed from the app store:

Release Notes - Android App 2.4.11 - 11th April 2018

JamesC

mel-
Tutor
Tutor

Thank you James, it does seem to be working now.  My business was broken into on April 8th and fortunately that was the account which was still working and they were arrested before they could leave the premises.  Thanks again