Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
mnguyen17
Aspirant
Aspirant

This started happening recently in the last week or two....Tried lots of things (uninstall/reinstall/removing devices/sync devices).  When Arlo app opens up, I go into MODE as soon as I can (then see "getting information" status forever and so can't arm camera) or if I wait a little bit then going into MODE, the app will keep crashing/closing.  There are lots of folks still having this issue?

Android app (v7.0)

Version: 2.5.3_22376

Release: 7/30/18

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
pc2k17
Hero
Hero

You have to let the Mode tab and all the cameras fully load before accessing the Mode tab. If you do it too early you'll see the "getting status" forever until you try again and let it fully load. This is normal behaivor so don't worry about that.

Once it loads and you tap on it and it crashes is obviously not normal.

Can you accces the mode tab from the webpage? https://arlo.netgear.com

Can you access the mode tab from another phone or device?

If you can't access Mode from either then you're account is the issue. If you can access Mode from the webpage, then you phone is the issue.

If it's your account, then you may need to remove all devices and the base, do a factory reset of the base, add the base back and then add the cameras.

If it's your phone try turning off all google backups and samsung backups and any other auto-backups you might have. When you turn them off be sure to allow it to delete the current backup. Once all backups off and deleted, uninstall Arlo app, reboot, reinstall Arlo app.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Redmoonstar
Luminary
Luminary

I have been having that exact issue with both my android devices,  I had to go into settings,  go to arlo,  clear cache, clear data & force stop the app only then could I access mode and only once until I repeated the steps. I also cleared the cache on my tablet and still had the issue. I have done these steps 4 times one each device and at the moment I am able to access mode. I have no idea what changed but mine is working again for the moment. 

mnguyen17
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just tried that method, even though it showed online (including camera) but in MODE, still seeing "getting status" and still crashing....Basically, nothing works and cameras not detecting anything

@Redmoonstar wrote:

I have been having that exact issue with both my android devices,  I had to go into settings,  go to arlo,  clear cache, clear data & force stop the app only then could I access mode and only once until I repeated the steps. I also cleared the cache on my tablet and still had the issue. I have done these steps 4 times one each device and at the moment I am able to access mode. I have no idea what changed but mine is working again for the moment. 

pc2k17
Hero
Hero

You have to let the Mode tab and all the cameras fully load before accessing the Mode tab. If you do it too early you'll see the "getting status" forever until you try again and let it fully load. This is normal behaivor so don't worry about that.

Once it loads and you tap on it and it crashes is obviously not normal.

Can you accces the mode tab from the webpage? https://arlo.netgear.com

Can you access the mode tab from another phone or device?

If you can't access Mode from either then you're account is the issue. If you can access Mode from the webpage, then you phone is the issue.

If it's your account, then you may need to remove all devices and the base, do a factory reset of the base, add the base back and then add the cameras.

If it's your phone try turning off all google backups and samsung backups and any other auto-backups you might have. When you turn them off be sure to allow it to delete the current backup. Once all backups off and deleted, uninstall Arlo app, reboot, reinstall Arlo app.

mnguyen17
Aspirant
Aspirant

After reset to factory setting and re-sync all cameras and rebooted a couple of times, my system is working again.  Thank you for your suggestion and help.