Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Android App Problem With Mode Unable To Switch On/Off

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
naditoon
Aspirant
Aspirant

Since receiving an update of the android app, I am no longer able to switch the mode on or off. First the new version of the app was installed on my wife's phone and she had trouble switching on or off the arlo cam system. Since I still had the older version of the app, I did not have any problems and thought that it was caused by the phone. A couple of days ago the app auto updated on my phone and since then I have the same problem.
I tried the webpage and it works like a charm, so it definitely has to do with the (android) app.
I stopped and restarted the app to no avail. I cleared the cache, idem. I removed and reinstalled the app, idem. The system is no longer usable for us like this.
Much obliged if somebody could help us.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JoeCymru
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

You seem to have a problem with your combination of phone type, Android, and the update which may not be solvable by any means other than an eventual app update that fixes it, your getting different phones, or going back to the previous app.When anyone rolls out a new app they try to take into consideration any phone OS updates. Those OS updates are usually controlled by your carrier for your particular phone type and brand unless you have an unlocked phone. All these combinations sometimes can cause unforseen issues that are a bearcat to track down.

My recommendation is to roll back to the previous Arlo software while you still have those phones. 

To get the previous version of the app go here:

https://www.apkmirror.com/?post_type=app_release&searchtype=apk&s=Arlo

Also go to Google Play and stop automatic updates.

1. Open Google Play Store App on your device.
  2. Tap on the Menu option on the top left corner of the screen.
  3. Tap on Settings.
  4. Under General Settings, tap on 'Auto-update' apps. The prompt will display three options here.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
JoeCymru
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

This is a suggestion only: clear your cache and data, log out of your Arlo apps, reboot the base station. Log back in and let apps connect back to the base station. 

naditoon
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks Joe for the suggestion. I tried what you said but unfortunately it was not solution.
Some more information : I can choose the Mode tab and see the base station and the status. But when I tap the base station line, the field becomes green, like when selected, but nothing happens. It seems more a software problem with the app than something with the cams or the base station. It worked fine with the older version of the app but since the update, doen't work anymore. Let me know if you need more info.

JoeCymru
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

What are your phones and what OS version are they running? 

naditoon
Aspirant
Aspirant

We both have Wiko phones. Me a U Feel and my wife U Feel Prime. One has android 6.0 and the other 7.1.1.
But nonetheless both were working fine till the app was auto updated (the OS did not change).

JoeCymru
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

You seem to have a problem with your combination of phone type, Android, and the update which may not be solvable by any means other than an eventual app update that fixes it, your getting different phones, or going back to the previous app.When anyone rolls out a new app they try to take into consideration any phone OS updates. Those OS updates are usually controlled by your carrier for your particular phone type and brand unless you have an unlocked phone. All these combinations sometimes can cause unforseen issues that are a bearcat to track down.

My recommendation is to roll back to the previous Arlo software while you still have those phones. 

To get the previous version of the app go here:

https://www.apkmirror.com/?post_type=app_release&searchtype=apk&s=Arlo

Also go to Google Play and stop automatic updates.

1. Open Google Play Store App on your device.
  2. Tap on the Menu option on the top left corner of the screen.
  3. Tap on Settings.
  4. Under General Settings, tap on 'Auto-update' apps. The prompt will display three options here.
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

I'm seeing ( android S7 / os 8.x ) the "motion detect " staying black even tho the armed status is off...

So it appears the motion detect is on but really off ( confirmed on and ipad and web )

App issue.

So if possible , verify your seeing the same thing on a computer   https://arlo.netgear.com/

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
naditoon
Aspirant
Aspirant

I think it must be a combination of the phone brand, OS specifics and the Arlo app. However reverting to the 2.5 version solved the issue. I had to turn off the auto-update feature but now it works like a charm.
What I did notice the rare times the rare occasions the mode tab with options appeared, was that the geofencing option disappeared. Perhaps it crashed on that and prevented the tab content from showing. But that is something for the developers. Our issues are resolved with this workaround and we are very grateful Joe!