Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Johnny290
Mentor
Mentor
Is Netgear ever going to fix this Android app. It always hangs between arm and disarm so if you're trying to arm or disarm in a hurry forget it. It doesn't happen every time but it happens more often than not. The only solution is to force close reopen and then go to arm disarm and wait why it says getting status. I am using a Samsung S7 with Android nougat
8 REPLIES 8
Paul_FCCL
Prodigy
Prodigy

Johnny290 wrote:
Is Netgear ever going to fix this Android app. It always hangs between arm and disarm so if you're trying to arm or disarm in a hurry forget it. It doesn't happen every time but it happens more often than not. The only solution is to force close reopen and then go to arm disarm and wait why it says getting status. I am using a Samsung S7 with Android nougat

Yeah it does that a lot........some day who knows they might fix it. Just like the occasional camera trigger while accessing the app, not as bad as it once was but still there.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Has everyone opened a case with support on this? I have.

Johnny290
Mentor
Mentor
No I haven't but James C said they know about it and they are working on it I was told that a while back
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Doesn't hurt to add voices officially.
Johnny290
Mentor
Mentor
I'm afraid they're going to run me around in circles uninstall app reinstall the app reboot station on and on ,even when they know already that it's a problem.
Paul_FCCL
Prodigy
Prodigy

Johnny290 wrote:
I'm afraid they're going to run me around in circles uninstall app reinstall the app reboot station on and on ,even when they know already that it's a problem.

Yeah that is usually the case, useless time wasting routine as if that has anything to do with causing the problem. That is also my reason for not contacting support anymore, better to just rate the app accordingly.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I don't disagree - I've had similar experiences. However, the more cases, the more pressure, at least that's the theory.  You can also make a point when you reply to the requests that you've already tried this and that.  I've simply pointed out the facts and direct them to previous replies, etc. that disprove the need to repeat the scripted steps.  I try to be forceful without being rude.

Johnny290
Mentor
Mentor
I understand. I am waiting for the new firmware people are talking about