Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Android App can only play Library Video from first video of the day - Arlo Pro

Discussion stats
lostchild
Apprentice
Apprentice

On Arlo Android App, if you have multiple videos in your library for a day, and you select any video to play, it will only start from the first one of the day.   You will have to scroll to the right to find the video in chronological order.   I have tried this on multiple Android devices and they all act the same.  It works correctly on the PC browser and it will play the selected video.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

This issue has been resolved in the latest Android app version. For those experiencing this issue, please be sure to update your Android app to the latest version (2.3.0 as of 12/20/2016).

Please let me know if you are still experiencing this issue,

JamesC

View solution in original post

32 REPLIES 32
unclev
Star
Star

Mine is doing the same thing too with all my android devices. My Apple ios devices are fine. This just started today. I deleted the app and reinstalled and it still does the same thing.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Put in a trouble ticket to Netgear... if they know about it, it will get fixed on the next release

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Streak2
Master Master
Master
Strange. Mine is working normally on my S7 edge.
App version 2.2.3.15049
lostchild
Apprentice
Apprentice

I have the same app version 2.2.3_15049.  I downloaded it last night to my LG G4 and my Samsung Tab E and they both would only play from the first video.  Very strange....maybe it is the Android OS?   Or the Android Webview thing?  I did updated that to the latest version last night too.

Streak2
Master Master
Master
Try and delete the Androud cache.
Settings, Storage, Internal Storage, Cached Data
lostchild
Apprentice
Apprentice

That's the first thing I did last night.  I removed both cache and data on the app and re-login.  Same thing.  I removed the app completely and resinstalled.  Same thing.   Then I install the app on a different Android device, that's why I have it on 2 devices and same thing.

Streak2
Master Master
Master
OK. Before you drive yourself crazy. I have managed to duplicate the problem. Only occurs on previous day's recordings. Today's work normally. Works fine on PC. Please report it.
lostchild
Apprentice
Apprentice

I created a ticket for it.  I only have 2 days of videos (yesterday and today) and both would only start from the first video.  It is not a big deal to scroll to the right since I only have like 5 or 6 video per day on average... maybe more with all the x'mas deliveries.  I got the camera because my neighborhood on Nextdoor.com had been reporting lots of stolen packages and x'mas lights.

unclev
Star
Star

I have done the same things as well and has not rectified the issue. Also all my recordings from today are still doing it.

Streak2
Master Master
Master

Definitely some weirdness going on.

I'm sure it's timestamp related. Some of mine don't play the first one of the day just a different one.

I monitor two systems, one is really busy with lots of recordings and it seems to be even worse.

Must be something at the server level that's affecting the Android app.

I'm also on nextdoor.com many folks been inquiring about what cameras to get.

unclev
Star
Star

I have only had the Arlo system for 6 months and I have had issue upon issue with these devices from day one. I used have had another brand multi camera system (6 cameras) for many years earlier with no issues at all. I decided to give the Arlo a try and in my opinion it's a poor attempt at best. I have both wired and wireless with many recordings being processed every day as well. The issues I have had are numerous and by the looks of this forum and all the posts of problems I can't believe these devices are stable. I have issues with no audio, intermittent audio, the talkback feature never unless you are connected to wifi, intermittent issues with recording times eg: I have all set to record for 120 seconds. Intermittently it records 1 minute somes 6 seconds sometime 7 minutes on all my cameras. Problems with color, sometimes its all red sometimes all purple also with both wireless and wired cameras. I've just given up.....

Deanomite
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hi, I am also having this problem with the video only playing the the first video of the library from that day. Cannot view any videos, just live. i've submitted a ticket as well. 

i've cleared app cache, unintsalled and reinstalled the app. 

works fine on apple and desktop though

Furby99
Aspirant
Aspirant
Also having this issue on android. Galaxy Note 5. Cleared cache reinstalled app. No fix yet?
Furby99
Aspirant
Aspirant
Also the email has the right video and will play from email.
Eugr
Guide
Guide

Same thing here... Started today.

ShuttleBILL
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi!

I'd like to say I'm happy I'm not the only one with this problem, but .... this is the wrong time of year for that, isn't it.

Count us in with exactly the same problems.  Videos record & are available on the online client, but App is a no-go.  Cleared 1) cache 2) Data & 3) reinstalled the app.  No change.  Wife's android, same.

If it's not fixed soon, we're going to be pretty PO'd.  I mean, this was an affordable solution, but if it doens't work, what good is it?

Furby99
Aspirant
Aspirant
And not even a single, weer looking in to the issue response.
Tmyd416
Aspirant
Aspirant
I am having thos problem too, if someone finds a fix can you please share? Thanks!
Streak2
Master Master
Master

@JamesC what is your take on this problem?

Being so sudden and affecting what appears to be all Android users it's probably a change on the server side that happned in the last 24 hours or so.

Any way of getting the fix escalated?

Wisal
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same issues here, glad I'm not insane... waiting on a fix.

FontanaOrchards
Aspirant
Aspirant
My husband and I are having the same problem on our android phones. Cleared cache and data and reinstalled. Still having problem like everyone else. Frustrating.
FontanaOrchards
Aspirant
Aspirant
I think its an arlo patch that has affected android phones. Haven't installed the recent android update yet and having the problem like everyone else who has updated.
texbeau
Apprentice
Apprentice
I agree it's a problem on the server. The release date for the latest android app version is Nov 15.
Tgirl07
Guide
Guide
Is happened me too.