Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Android App Notification Weirdness w/ App Update

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
JoeCymru
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

For those who have notification weirdness with the 11/20 Android App update, but who are not experiencing total crash and burn disaster as some folks here, a couple of things that helped me with notification issues: make sure in phone setting>apps>arlo that you turn on phone permissions if you want notifications (if you did not answer yes when the upgraded app opened). The next thing is notification sound or it actually happening at all. Not only make sure they are on in settings>apps>arlo>permissons, set your sound control through settings>apps>arlo>notifications>sound. Now you can control the sound from these Android app settings. Previously you could not, and only control them through the Arlo app settings. I also found that the Arlo sound control does not seem to work when you try to control it through the Arlo app even though it is still there. It showed me that I had changed sounds, but actually it will not change, and sometimes I totally lost notification completely. I am one of the lucky ones where the app did not just explode (yet), but the notification thing was an irritant, magnified by all the history of ham-handed app updates suffered previously.

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

What device and OS? My Pixel 3XL (Android 9) and Samsung Galaxy Tab S3 (Android 😎 don't have that capability.

JoeCymru
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Samsung s8+ running 8.0.0

duckson
Apprentice
Apprentice
Since the latest update I’m also not getting every notification, sometimes I do and sometimes I don’t, there are camera recordings there I’ve not been notified about!!! Happening on iOS as well as android.