Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation
shoustonnz
Luminary
Luminary
Android App 3.5 July 20 (NZ time) Crashes when trying to view videos. Every time. Have tried reinstall. Have tried stopping and restarting app.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
shoustonnz
Luminary
Luminary
Received an update via Google play 7am NZ time.
Version 3.5.1_28380.
Can now play videos.
Thank you

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi shoustonnz,

Let me reach out to you via private message to gather more information from you.

CWest99
Tutor
Tutor

I'm having the exact same issue. Any time I try to view videos, the app crashes.

Samsung S20+ phone, running Android 11 with UI 3.1

Arlo App is version 3.5_28375 (released on 2021-07-16)

Reinstall does not fix issue. I am able to view videos using the website.

Issue has to be with the android app, or when the app tries to connect to the Arlo servers.

Please get the issue fixed. Very annoying.

Thanks,

Chris

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I see this, too. Have you used the Contact Support link at the bottom here to raise awareness?

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

The Arlo development team is currently investigating this issue. We will provide an update as soon as we have more information to share with the community.

GalaxyS10user
Initiate
Initiate

Hey everyone. My Samsung Galaxy S10 phone did an update a few days ago and now the app crashes every time I try to play a recording from the library. The app opens just fine and all of the other features work except for when I try to play a recording from the library. So far I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app. Cleared all recordings from the library. Rebooted the base station and restarted my phone. The problem seems to be the app because if I log in on my PC through the portal I can watch a recording from the library with no problems. Any ideas?

shoustonnz
Luminary
Luminary
Received an update via Google play 7am NZ time.
Version 3.5.1_28380.
Can now play videos.
Thank you
CWest99
Tutor
Tutor

Update:  Latest app release fixes the issue.

Arlo app version: 3.5.1_28380 (2021-07-20)

Thanks for the quick turnaround on the fix.

Chris

JonatW
Initiate
Initiate

It has happened to me too. I looked at the Play Store and its loaded with the same complaints.

dcfox1
Master
Master

On IOS 3.5 was stuck on the opening page (Arlo slogan) then crashed when opening for the first time. Since then it  has been fine since so far.