Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
HumanRace
Follower
Follower

I'm a bit confused on how the Arlo Library Filters work, does the check mark means that you want the event recorded on the specific Camera only and what if you have no library filters set, does it still record all events?

If i wanted to record all events on all cameras, just leave the filters off or just check all the filters on all of the events and cameras? Bottom line, I want to record all events on all the carmeras, do i use the library filters or not  necessary ? 

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The library filters only show you the videos from the selected cameras so you don't have to Wade through all of the videos to find the ones you are interested in.

To record from only specific cameras you need to visit the FAQs here for complete directions on creating and modifying modes and rules. Basically, use the Mode tab and select your base. The Armed mode is the default to get you going but can only be partially modified. Create a new custom mode and add only the cameras that you want active (any camera without a rule is disarmed). With so e reading and effort you can customize the system to exactly what you need.

Caliente
Aspirant
Aspirant
I’m also confused by the filters and have the same question.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

If you click on the numbered circle for a camera, you will be taken to the library and only see the videos from thatone camera. Use the funnel-looking icon at the top to select more or different cameras. Reset the filter and save the setting to see all camera videos. If the funnel is filled, at least one camera is set as a filter. If it's empty, there are no filters set.