Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 17 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
DG10
Star
Star

I have 2 arlo pro hubs and 12 cameras. The 6 cameras attached to one if these hubs has stopped triggering for any recordings. I have tried restarting and and changing the settings to see if it would start capturing anything but no luck. The cameras are accessible and I can manually click to see live through the app, but they will not trigger recordings when armed. I had the hub set to geofence with schedule for years, but have just moved the mode to armed to see if it would start recording, but nothing. The other hub and cameras is working normally. Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@DG10 wrote:

I have 2 arlo pro hubs and 12 cameras. The 6 cameras attached to one if these hubs has stopped triggering for any recordings. 

There are two options to resolve this.

The first is to remove one of the misbehaving cameras from your account, and then add it back.  The risk here is that sometimes it can be hard to add the camera back.

The second is to ask the mods to do a back-end resync of your system.  That should resolve the problem with no action needed on your part.  I'm tagging the mods for you - @BrookeN , @ShayneS , @JamesC .  I suggest replying if you want to request the back-end resync.

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@DG10 wrote:

I have 2 arlo pro hubs and 12 cameras. The 6 cameras attached to one if these hubs has stopped triggering for any recordings. 

There are two options to resolve this.

The first is to remove one of the misbehaving cameras from your account, and then add it back.  The risk here is that sometimes it can be hard to add the camera back.

The second is to ask the mods to do a back-end resync of your system.  That should resolve the problem with no action needed on your part.  I'm tagging the mods for you - @BrookeN , @ShayneS , @JamesC .  I suggest replying if you want to request the back-end resync.

DG10
Star
Star

Thank you, the back end resync would be great as it is all cameras attached to this hub and not just one, so I suspect it is more hub or system related.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@DG10 wrote:

Thank you, the back end resync would be great as it is all cameras attached to this hub and not just one, so I suspect it is more hub or system related.

Note the "remove one and add it back" will resolve it for all cameras connected to that hub.

It is a system issue, but that step will trigger the same resync that the mods can do from their end.

DG10
Star
Star

thanks, yes I assumed so, ibut what you said "trouble getting it reconnected" has me worried as I have had that situation in the past as well and it was very difficult, but I was still under hardware support at the time, so I was able to get things resolved.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@DG10 wrote:

thanks, yes I assumed so, ibut what you said "trouble getting it reconnected" has me worried as I have had that situation in the past as well and it was very difficult, but I was still under hardware support at the time, so I was able to get things resolved.

@BrookeN , @ShayneS , @JamesC : can you resync @DG10's  system?

DG10
Star
Star

Thanks Stephen, do you know how long it typically takes for the admins to reply?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@DG10 wrote:

Thanks Stephen, do you know how long it typically takes for the admins to reply?

Usually within 24 hours during weekdays, but the coverage is lighter on weekends.

DG10
Star
Star

@BrookeN , @ShayneS , @JamesC : can you resync @DG10's  system?"

Thanks, hopefully we could do the resync before this coming weekend and get things working again.

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@DG10 keep an eye on the cameras and see if the behavior changes throughout the day and let me know. 

DG10
Star
Star

Thanks. Nothing has changed yet. Should I reboot my hub?

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

I just barely ran it. You will need to give it some time to see if it changes. Let me know about this time tomorrow. 

DG10
Star
Star

ok, thank you

DG10
Star
Star

@BrookeN do you need the account email that this hub is assigned to? It is not the same as the one I am using for the forum. If there is a way I could PM you that.

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

You send a dm by clicking on the envelope icon on the top right of the forum page.

DG10
Star
Star

just sent you a dm

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Got it and sent you a response. 

DG10
Star
Star

@BrookeN this has fixed my issu. Thank you and @StephenB. I really appreciate your help.