Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
MMar
Aspirant
Aspirant

All of the batteries in the camera are good, I have the "Running Man" upto 100 percent, and recording at 30 seconds, and none of my cameras have recorded in 24 hours. I am able to see the live feed when I click live. Please help!

52 REPLIES 52
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Are the running men black or gray for each camera in the Devices tab? Check your modes and veify that an appropriate one is selected.

Bencov3
Initiate
Initiate

My cameras are new, purchased last week.  I got about 5 days of recording and then it stopped recording.  I agree with other comments that I shouldn't have to reset everything especially since they've only been installed for a week.  

System is in "Armed" mode with motion detection and push notifications enabled.  I have not made any changes to the original setup other disabling the email notification.  Motion detection appears to be on and the live recordings go to the library.  No video is being recorded and no push notifications are being generated from motion at this time.  I may just return this and go with something else.  Too expensive to have it not work 1 week out of the box.  

Any other thoughts on what might have changed?

boyelectric
Guide
Guide
How many recorded videos do you have in the library? This happened to me after a particularly heavy recording week. I deleted a couple days worth and restarted the base station (again) and it resumed recording.
trnfncb11
Initiate
Initiate
Thanks everybody for all the help. I found out that it was geofencing that had somehow got hung. Solved by deleting and re-installing app (android).
V58
Initiate
Initiate

I have had to re-sync all the cameras several times a day and they still will not record.  They all recorded just fine for the first several months but now, none of the cameras are recording.  I have gone into MODE SETTINGS (as shown on a utube viedo) to reset the cameras, but that didn't help at all.  At this point I am so frustrated with all these cameras, especially since most of them require hauling out the ladder to get to them, I am ready to just trash them all and get something that actually Works! And whats more frustrating is that there is no Hot Line for trouble shooting these cameras or an 800 number to contact a LIVE TECH DIRECTLY FROM "ARLO" to get information.  As expensive as this camera system is, that should be a given!

GordoT
Tutor
Tutor
All my cameras stopped recording after the app update for this Smart Detection update. The online zones don’t match the phone apps and neither have recordings posted for activity. The CVR cameras are recording and show when motion is detected, but nothing goes into library
aslania
Aspirant
Aspirant

I had the same problem after 2 weeks of installation.. The cameras were not recording except if I started them manually, sometimes the video would be in the library and some not.. I would switch between Google Chrome and my Iphone 6S. I read the other comments which gave me an idea and it worked for me. I always had the browser up in the background, when I would maximize the browser I would login. So after considering the issue and reading the comments. I downloaded all the video I wanted to keep (there was alot of video up in on the cloud). I then deleted all the video in the cloud in case I had exceeded my storage allotment. When I did this I started getting notifications on my phone. I have email notificatios turned off. I then closed the browser session, rebooted the PC and everything worked fine. Hope this helps some of you.

lakersfreak
Apprentice
Apprentice

I have the same problem. Called customer service and they were useless.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@GordoT

Are you still experiencing this issue? What troubleshooting steps have you performed so far?

@lakersfreak,

What exactly is the issue you are experiencing? 

lakersfreak
Apprentice
Apprentice

@ShayneS wrote:

@lakersfreak,

I've had many problems with both my Arlo Q and Arlo Pro systems int the last week.

Arlo Q - 4 Cameras - Location 1

1. Not receiving notifications at all when motion is detected (my setttings are all correct). If I go into my timeline I can see all active motion detections throughout the day(green bars), but I am not receivng notifications on my phone like I am used to when motion is detected. 
  2. Does not record when motion is activated like it's set to.  I am able to stream live and manually record, which then the recording gets dumped into my library as usual. 

Arlo Pro - 5 Cameras - Location 2

1. Not receivng notifications on the phone unless I open the Arlo app . 
  2. The custom notification sounds through the app no longer work and it uses the default phone notification sound.
  3. It also seems that the notification sound repeats 3 to 4 times for each notification when they do finally come through. 
  4. When making a phone call the Arlo app crashes.
  5. Notificaitons stop altogether until I go back into the Arlo app.

I have reset my modems and routers at both locations. I have reset my Pro base station and every single Q camera. I even factory reset my phone because the customer support I was chatting with last night made me believe that was the problem. Obviously the app was updated and it messed everything up. I, as well as what seems like many many other people here, need this fixed please. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@lakersfreak,

Thank you for the detailed information, I really appreciate that and it helps a lot. What Device/Model/OS are you experiencing these issues with? 

lakersfreak
Apprentice
Apprentice
Samsung Note 8.
pc2k17
Hero
Hero

If having issues with the android app.......... one of the best features of android is you can install any version of an app that you want, even older versions. Go back to the version before these recent app updates and you be good (at least until arlo fixes the app). I'm still on 2.5.3_22376 and that version works with no issues at all. Search bing or google on how to install older versions for android.

BTW - there was another android app update, last night. Not sure if it fixes any of your issues, but you could try that first before installing an older version.

lakersfreak
Apprentice
Apprentice

@lakersfreak wrote:

@ShayneS wrote:

@lakersfreak,

I've had many problems with both my Arlo Q and Arlo Pro systems int the last week.

Arlo Q - 4 Cameras - Location 1

1. Not receiving notifications at all when motion is detected (my setttings are all correct). If I go into my timeline I can see all active motion detections throughout the day(green bars), but I am not receivng notifications on my phone like I am used to when motion is detected. 
  2. Does not record when motion is activated like it's set to.  I am able to stream live and manually record, which then the recording gets dumped into my library as usual. 

Arlo Pro - 5 Cameras - Location 2

1. Not receivng notifications on the phone unless I open the Arlo app . 
  2. The custom notification sounds through the app no longer work and it uses the default phone notification sound.
  3. It also seems that the notification sound repeats 3 to 4 times for each notification when they do finally come through. 
  4. When making a phone call the Arlo app crashes.
  5. Notificaitons stop altogether until I go back into the Arlo app.

I have reset my modems and routers at both locations. I have reset my Pro base station and every single Q camera. I even factory reset my phone because the customer support I was chatting with last night made me believe that was the problem. Obviously the app was updated and it messed everything up. I, as well as what seems like many many other people here, need this fixed please. 

Seems like probelms for my Arlo Q have kind of been fixed.

1. Receiving notfications now, but very late (about 2 to 3 minutes after motion detection). And the notification sound repeats 4 to 5 times (similar to the the Arlo Pro)
  2. After disabling all CVR, the cameras now record when motion is detected. 

Still have the same issues with Pro, even after last nights update.

lakersfreak
Apprentice
Apprentice
I guess I spoke too soon...my Q's are not recording during motion anymore.
lakersfreak
Apprentice
Apprentice

I need to know if Arlo support is currently working on fixing all these issues! THis is getting really annoying. After spending over $1,000 for all my cameras, one would think the system would be flawless. I should've purchased a less expensive brand. 

pc2k17
Hero
Hero

No one know what Arlo devs/engineers are working on fixing. I'm not sure what the issue is with your Q camera, but for the Pro sounds like most of the issue you list are due to the new Arlo app. If your on android, Just uninstall that new app and install an older version that works correctly. Search bing or google if you don't know how to install older android apps.

Jeff2909
Aspirant
Aspirant

Any luck fixing issues with your Q system?     

I'm having the same issues with my system.  Motion showing on CVR, but never a notification, or email. I'm on iPhone though....

lakersfreak
Apprentice
Apprentice

My Q is back to recording when motion is detected, and I am now receiving all notifcations when motion is activated on both my Q and Pro systems. The only issues that remain are the multiple notication alerts (4 to 6) for every one notification on both the Q and Pro, and sometimes the late arrival of notifcations on both the Q and Pro. I tried some of the fixes listed in the forum, but no luck. I have swithced the alerts over to email for now to avoid the annoying multiple alerts, but they do still arrive late sometimes. Hoping this will all be fixed soon.

Billwill
Aspirant
Aspirant

All of the same problems still exist on my Arlo Pro 2 system

Multiple notifications for 1 event since last update in Nov

no recording since 24 Dec

no motion alerts since 24 Dec

I uninstalled app (note 8), rebooted system and cameras... This is ridiculous for the price they charge for their systems!

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

And are the cameras armed? WHat mode is selected?

Billwill
Aspirant
Aspirant
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

But what mode - Armed or a custom one? Which is selected? 

Billwill
Aspirant
Aspirant
Jeff2909
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have multiple emails to support. Only 1 was answered. This company is terrible. The one thing that helped was cancelling my smart subscription. Once I did that. Everything worked as it should. But no smart notifications...
Unfortunately no one will reply to emails I have sent to support, so I have no idea what is going on.