Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

All Arlo Pros offline for no reason, now mysteriously back online

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
xtcnafive0
Guide
Guide

Monday all my cameras were working as they're supposed to.
Tuesday I open the Arlo app and all cameras were offline. I have not touched the settings, I have not touched the hardware. Just out of the blue offline. The base station had a solid orange camera light on all day while the power and internet lights were green.
Here we are on Wednesday and out of the blue again I received a motion detection on one camera when I was at work. Low and behold all cameras are mysteriously back online when I opened the app again.
I recently hooked up a new router over the weekend but everything was working fine before this Arlo event.

3 REPLIES 3
Norq79
Aspirant
Aspirant

I’ve had similar issues. One camera worked off and on then completely off as well as other unreliable motion detection from the other cameras since the 5/14 firmware update. Now all of a sudden the camera that wasn’t working at all is working great and another camera won’t detect motion or turn on its ir now that it’s dark out. 

Pgsullivan
Luminary
Luminary

Hi

I have this problem with my iOS app, cameras appearing offline.

Have you checked that they are offline? I say this as in armed mode the offline cameras were still triggering and recording and appearing my my library. !!

I logged in via a computer and all the cameras online, so can only presume it’s an app problem as although saying offline it actually isn’t, which is hugely frustrating as you can’t see in live mode

As a temporary weird fix. I have a camera online, and if I watch that one in line mode and then pause the line mode again it then makes the offline camera show online and be able to view! But only once as then says offline again next time I open the app!!

xtcnafive0
Guide
Guide

I have Android and I have never experienced anything like this before in all my years with Arlo products all offline at one time then all of a sudden all back online.
I rarely if ever login to the desktop account. I do everything through the mobile app.
I guess if it happens again I'll be sure to check the desktop version to see if they appear on-line in schedule mode.