Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Alarm not activating. Cameras are on armed mode so siren should activate upon detecting motion?

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
42Belvedere
Follower
Follower

When my cameras detect motion, they start recording but the siren doesn’t go on. I have the cameras on “armed” mode, so the siren should activate upon detecting motion, right?

3 REPLIES 3
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey 42Belvedere,

Make sure your rule includes the siren trigger. You can read here on how to create that rule (if you don't have it set it up): How do I create a rule that includes a siren trigger?

dwtucker63
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having the same problem. The default Mode (Armed) does not trigger the siren when motion on any camera is detected. When I try to add the Base Station and alarm/Siren to the Armed Mode, it won't allow me to add it.

I did create a new Mode to test if it works and in the new mode I can create a rule to Arm 1 camera and have the base station  alarm sound, so I know I can work.

So my problem is: Why isn't the siren part of the default Armed Mode and why can't I add it?

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi dwtucker63,

Can you provide a screenshot where your default "Armed" mode is not showing where you can activate the siren section?