Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 18 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 10 In Conversation
techwinn
Follower
Follower

After this update my Arlo seem like it can't communicate with the Arlo server and it causing me not to be able to see my cameras within the app. 

It stating that my basestation is not power on or not on the network. 

But if I open my HomeKit app and I am able to see the camera and then sometime it will kick the basestation to communicate to the Arlo server and I am able to see it on the Arlo App. 

Model: VMB4000r3

Camera: Arlo Pro

Anyone else seeing this after the update?

18 REPLIES 18
orangealum
Star
Star

I have the same issue.  HomeKit appears to be working fine.  However, the Arlo app or Arlo website shows my base as offline.  This cause my videos to not show on my Arlo account. I had to completely remove HomeKit and my base from my account to start over. My account is now working as expected.  I don’t want to add HomeKit if my base shows offline. Anyone has a solution?

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey techwinn and orangealum,

Is this happening when you're trying to view the live stream through the web client on your computer?

orangealum
Star
Star

Hi Jessica,

For me, it was both.  The base station showed offline on both the Arlo app and Arlo website via chrome browser.

thanks

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

I would suggest contacting the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

KTC
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just installed my Pro 2 system yesterday. I have 3 cameras, plus the door bell. Everything worked great until last night when I couldn’t connect to cameras on the app. My Home Kit viewing was the only way to look at live feed.
This morning I unplugged the base station and plugged it back in. Everything worked after that for 4 hours. Now it’s doing it again on 2 cameras, but one is able to be viewed live on the app. How do I fix this?

KTC
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just confirmed it's not an app issue.  I logged in via a computer and I am having the same issues.  2 showing offline and 1 online.  Home Kit shows all online and live feed

silverado44
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Alot of people are reporting problems with the homekit similar to your problem.

KTC
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks. I have reset the base station again. We will see how long that lasts

TScholle
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi, in the Arlo app I see a message that says “Your base station is offline.” But when I connect to the cameras live in HomeKit they work fine. But everything in the app would make you think the base station isn’t working. This problem started because I power cycled the unit because I was not getting notification previews of motion in HomeKit, but I was in the Arlo app. Has anyone seen anything like this? Should I try a factory reset on the base station? Thanks!

MattRogers
Guide
Guide

Configuration:
Arlo Pro 2 camera (FW 1.125.13.0_31717) (HW H3)

Base Station (FW 1.14.0.2_2776) (HW VMB4000r3)

Arlo App ver. 2.7.14

iPhone XS iOS ver 12.4

Apple TV Gen 4 tvOS 12.4 (Secondary Hub)

HomePod iOS 12.4 (Primary Hub)

External USB Drive for local storage

Symptoms:

After about 12-16 hrs. The Arlo App no longer connects to the camera or records any movements. Within HomeKit, the camera comes up fine and even alerts you to activity. If I attempt to restart the Arlo base station, I get a message saying that the camera is busy and do I want to restart anyway. This never works. I don't get any indication that the restart failed, it just never does it.

Troubleshooting:

I have reset everything right from the beginning after setting it up with Homekit the first time. I am running the latest firmeware and OS versions available as of this writing.

It should be noted that when the camera doesn't show up in the iPhone Arlo app...it also does not work with a web browser. I have tried on Mac and Windows...Safari and Chrome. It doesn't work anywhere when this occurs.

I was having occational problems with Homekit not connecting outside the network. I switched the Primary Homekit hub to the Homepod from the Apple TV...as it was much closer to the camera. I have not had a problem with Homekit access since this. 

As a workaround, I have plugged in the Arlo to a smartswitch...so that I have the ability to reset the arlo remotely. I have considered setting up an automated Homekit task to reboot the Arlo hub once every night, during the night. But I shouldn't have to do this...and sometimes it will stay online longer than other times. It seems to crash more on how active the recording is more than the number of hours that it is running.

I should note that there is an external USB drive attached to the Arlo base...but with or without it attached...it doesn't seem to make any difference.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

If you're having problems where the Arlo app on your phone device or the web client on your computer is showing offline but you're able to view fine on HomeKit, try to reboot your Base Station to see if that helps.

orangealum
Star
Star
I tried several times to reboot the base. No luck. At this point I’ve removed HomeKit from my account and using it like HomeKit didn’t exist. Such a shame this didn’t work at the first iteration.
M4u
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have 4 Arlo Pro2 camera and a Ringbell, connect with a VMB4000 base.

Once every 2 weeks the Arlo Base Station is showing offline with green lights.

The strange thing is that I can still watch through the cameras using Apple Homekit.

Every time I have to reset the base, but sometimes is a real problem beacause I could be out for work for days and I use Arlo as an alarm.

When the base is offline, I can't disable the alarm, so when I open the door of my home the siren sound begin.

Could you please help me?

The Arlo telephone support was not helpful.

MattRogers
Guide
Guide
I can’t reboot the base station gracefully. I get an error message stating the the camera is busy and should they reboot it anyway, and it never works. I end up having to kill the power to it.

Now if that was a one time thing, I would be okay with it. But I have to reboot at least once every 24 hours. And as you can see from my notes, all software is up to date and everything has been set to factory defaults and set up from scratch.
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey orangealum, M4u, and MattRogers,

If you're still having problems, please contact the Support Team so they can help you out further. You'll find several ways to contact the support with the provided link.

Admegin
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm having the same issue with my cameras. I can't even get the preview to load. But restarting my base isn't helping. If I go through the HomeKit I can see the live view. But I can't with the app at all anymore.  

Greatgarloo
Aspirant
Aspirant

I’m having the same issue, but with only one of my 5 cameras.

Greatgarloo
Aspirant
Aspirant

Update: this problem has only gotten worse. I'm now down to only 2 of my 5 camera's responding/recording, even though they are all showing as connected and I can view live images in Homekit. I tried restarting the base, but nothing changed. Again, when looking at the device status for these cameras they all say connected, so the issue appears to be with the Arlo software, not the hardware.