Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

After charging batteries, fourth camera showing not connected

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Lambda
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have removed batteries from my four Arlo Pro Cameras. After They got charged, I reinserted them. Three of the cameras showed back just fine. The fourth camera was showing in my app as not connected. I removed the battery a few times and nothing. I decided to remove the device from the list and re-sync it. Removing went fine. However, adding a new device results in Arlo Pro camera slow blinking blue until it shows yellow/orange for a brief moment. Tried to add the fourth camera a few times and nothing. What gives?  The camera worked fine before removing the battery for charging!

5 REPLIES 5
Streak2
Master Master
Master

Try and add the 4th camera back with the charger connected.

If it then syncs successfully then disconnect the charger.

Lambda
Aspirant
Aspirant

Well! I have tried with the charger, and it hasn't worked. Here is the weird thing: sometimes the sync button on the camera works, sometimes it does not. Most of the time if I remove the battery and reinsert it back - I've tried waiting for 5, 10, 20 seconds before reinserting - I get a response from the camera when the sync button is pressed. I do press the sync button for 2 seconds on the base first, and then I press the sync button on the Arlo Pro camera. Usually, I get the green sync light blinking on the base after pressing the sync button there. Pressing the sync button on the camera sometimes gives me a slow blinking blue light. All three lights on the base start flickering but usually they quickly return to just one green sync light blinking slowly. This stops after a while and then I get a series of fast blinking orange lights on the camera meaning no success.

If I repeat the whole sequence again a few minutes later, I get blinking light on the base, but no amount of holding the sync button on the Camera will bring the blinking blue light.

Removing the battery and repeating the whole thing sometimes gives me the blue slow blinking light, but not every time.

A couple of times I got a fast blinking blue light, but no device was added to my account.

Do I have a bad camera? Why would it go bad when I attempted to recharge the battery in the external charger?

BYW, the battery is charged and using another charged battery gives the same results...

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I think the camera may have an issue.  One thing to try first, though, is to make sure you press the battery firmly into place - there's a clip on the bottom of the battery compartment that should be fully clipped.  Just thinking that the battery may not be making a good connection.

Otherwise, open a case with support.

Lambda
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks! I make sure a firm connection is made with the clip. However, short of adding some folded paper into the case, there is no clear way of making the connection.

I thought that there might be camera reset option, but this not appear to be the case.... I will have to pick it up with Netgear...

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Lambda wrote:

Thanks! I make sure a firm connection is made with the clip. However, short of adding some folded paper into the case, there is no clear way of making the connection.

There have been a few reports of the camera-side connections being misshapened.  Compare your cameras to see if you can tell a difference.

I thought that there might be camera reset option, but this not appear to be the case.... I will have to pick it up with Netgear...

A battery pull will reset the camera back to a known state or remove it from Settings, My Devices and resync to force the issue.