Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
Meyekl
Follower
Follower
37 REPLIES 37
Anjos
Star
Star

Hello. I just downloaded the latest version of the app on my IPhone. So far, I noticed the following.
1. Activity Zones is missing from the device settings.
2. Camera positioning under the device utilities is not selectable.

Anyone having the same issues?
Thanks.

Adksi11892
Apprentice
Apprentice

Also whenever I go into my library I get an annoying pop up saying “Cloud storage keeps all your clips secure”, I’ve already got a subscription.

Anjos
Star
Star

I also have a subscription, but I haven’t seen this error come up yet.

EArms
Tutor
Tutor

I have a subscription to Arlo Smart Premier, and I'm also seeing this annoying pop up that says "Cloud storage keeps all your clips secure. Activate Arlo Smart subscription today and watch video clips anytime anywhere at your fingertips" almost every time I go into my library after this latest update. Arlo Support, how can I turn this off??

CaneZMD
Star
Star
Same problem here... lost activity zones
vpasq
Apprentice
Apprentice

I am a premiere subscriber and until the latest Arlo app update, I always had the Activity Zones feature in my Device settings under Video Settings, which allowed me to set activity zones.  However, in the latest release, that feature is completely missing, and the only items now are Brightness, pan/zoom, Night Vision and Power Management.  WHAT HAPPENED TO MY ABILITY TO SET ACTIVITY ZONES?  I checked every other option in the new app BUT IT IS NOT THERE, and I am paying for that feature, and it is advertised as part of the premiere package! HELP!!!!!!!!!!! I will say I can see it as it used to be in the online MyArlo account, but I rarely use my online application since it requires flash which I avoid, so my IOS app is my sole source.  ARLO - PLEASE FIX THIS SOONEST!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

K41zen
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same issue here.. Interestingly as these 2 cameras had activity zones, which I can no longer see, they are also the only 2 cameras out of 8 that are not recording anymore.

Can see motion lights when detecting movement but go off after a few seconds.

Have tried making various changes to the cameras to rewrite settings back but doesn’t make a difference.

Everything was working fine until the app on my iPhone was upgraded. All devices are running the latest firmware’s. too.
vpasq
Apprentice
Apprentice

Same here.  Filed a case report with Arlo Support yesterday and they promised to escalate the issue saying they had no prior notice of this issue, so it would be good for everyone to report it as well, not just on the forum.  I especially asked for prompt correction, since this is a feature promised and paid for in the Premiere subscription and one I use all the time.  Hoping for a quick fix!!!!

dalharmony
Aspirant
Aspirant

I also lost ability to record.  Camera came with 7 days free cloud recording.  I lost it with the app upgrade.  Cameras purchased from Costco.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@EArms

Are you still experiencing this issue? Have you tried to remove & reinstall the Arlo Mobile App? What Device/Model/OS are you using?

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Anjos

Are you still experiencing this issue? Have you tried to remove & reinstall the Arlo mobile app & reboot your base station? Do you have a screenshot of the missing activity zones feature? What Device/Model/OS are you using?

Anjos
Star
Star

Hello Shayne

Yes. I’m still experiencing issues. I have reinstalled the app, signed in and out, restarted the base, and restarted my phone. I use a iPhone X on 12.1 iOS. The current issues that I’m having with the new update...
1. Activity Zones is missing.
2. Call a friend setup is missing.
3. Some of the filters in the library are missing. I’m unable to filter videos that are marked person.
4. The recorded video count displayed on each camera does not immediately set to zero when videos are viewed in the library.
I’ve attached a screen shot. Activity Zones was located below video settings.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Anjos

Thank You for the information & the screenshot!

Which cameras are having the issue with the activity zones missing?

Anjos
Star
Star

I have a total of four cameras. Activity zones is no longer available for all four cameras.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Sorry, I should have rephrased that question. Are these Arlo Wire Free, Pro, Pro 2 etc. On battery power or AC powered?

Anjos
Star
Star

I have Arlo Pro cameras on battery power and each connected to the Arlo solar panels.

CaneZMD
Star
Star
I created a ticket on Wednesday... no response so far.

The rep kept telling me I only had a basic plan on their server. But when I login I have the premium plan.
sacornel
Apprentice
Apprentice

Activity Zone settings have gone missing from all my Arlo Pro cameras.  My Arlo Pro 2 cameras have not been affected. 

sacornel
Apprentice
Apprentice

Same problem here. My Pro 2 cameras are okay, but the Pro cams have lost the Activity Zone settings. 

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

check on the web to see if it's the system or app...

https://arlo.netgear.com/

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
CaneZMD
Star
Star

It's the ios app that's broken.  You can set activity zones in the web browser on arlo.com, but the ability to set activity zones in the IOS app is gone.  And they won't just say "we removed that from the app"

Can anyone with arlo pro cams still set activity zones from inside the app?

CaneZMD
Star
Star

I confirmed that it's just in the IOS app.... I can still set activity zones on the arlo.com site, just not in the app. 

cherokeesctp
Aspirant
Aspirant
Just. curious, are there any plans to fix the activity zones in the Arlo software I use on my phone? I'd like to change the zones when I move or adjust the camera.
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

I have no doubt they will fix the zones in the app... in mean while you can always temp redo zones on the web

https://arlo.netgear.com/

Morse is faster than texting!