Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Blacky17557
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hi.  For the last few months everytime I log into my cameras at home - I get the same message - A newer version of Adobe Flash Player is required. Please install the latest version from here. I click "here" and it takes me to another box where I click "Accept" or something similar - and it is all good until the next time I log in and it becomes ground hog day all over again.  Very frustrating .....

I am on a Home Computer running Windows 10 with the latest Chrome Browser (Which I want to keep).

Any help would be appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JoeCymru
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Put in address bar: chrome://flags/#enable-ephemeral-flash-permission

Disable this function

The new version of Chrome only keeps your allowing a site for the Chrome session. When you close Chrome it reverts. This stops that. 

Restart Chrome. Check your Flash settings under Settings>Content

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
JoeCymru
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Put in address bar: chrome://flags/#enable-ephemeral-flash-permission

Disable this function

The new version of Chrome only keeps your allowing a site for the Chrome session. When you close Chrome it reverts. This stops that. 

Restart Chrome. Check your Flash settings under Settings>Content

Blacky17557
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hi and Thanks for trying to help me with this issue.

I followed your instructions - I disabled the Flash Function and then restarted chrome.

I checked settings - and it still shows under contents - flash - Ask First??

For some reason it has reverted back to the original settings.

JoeCymru
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

You click on "ask first?" and it takes you to the toggle to turn on or off. Ask First? is just the name of the section. The section has an ask first toggle and an allowed and blockedd sites part. The main difference now is that after you went through the disable routine on the other page, if you give permission for Arlo when asked, you will not lose it after you quit Google.

Blacky17557
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hi.

You are certainly right - it did fix this issue - and I am very appreciative of your help.

No more furstration with this - thanks to you!!!