Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Adding rules to a Custom mode: Arlo Pro VMS4130

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
TexasRose
Aspirant
Aspirant

I couldn't put the proper model where it should go as this site doesn't yet list it!!

I want to create a custom mode and eliminate the camera detecting pets and cars but when I create this custom mode and try to add a rule, I get the message: 'no cameras available, All your cameras are already in use in other rules'.

I realize there is a rule in the 'Armed Mode' which is one of the default modes and there is no way to delete the rule in order for me to add my rule to the Custom mode. Is there some way to add this filter (for eliminating animals and cars) to a default mode? I find the software a little confusing but hope someone can help!

3 REPLIES 3
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

You have to ADD A MODE or create a cutom mode...check out the FAQs for same.

If adding a second rule/camera to a new mode, you save the Mode first and then go back and edit it for the second

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
TexasRose
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, I did create the custom mode, save it and go back in to add a rule but am unable to add the rule I want, as I said, it gives me an error:  'no cameras available, All your cameras are already in use in other rules'. The only other rule is in the default: Armed, Rule: Record video on4X.......if 4X.......detects motion.  Not sure if I have to delete the camera from the base station and start all over? I know at one point, I did see the options to select filter out detecting pets, cars, etc.,  in the motion option but I can no longer find that option.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

If you have SMART... the options to filter cars/animals is in the device settings under smart. ( below video )

But to be honest, it sounds like something got gliched...you may be better off in the long run by removeing the camera ( remove device ) and starting over with it

Morse is faster than texting!