Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
Futurist67
Follower
Follower

I bought the Arlo Wireless Camera package some time ago and have 5 cameras connected and working well.  I wanted to add more but was told by the Best Buy rep that I needed to upgrade my Base Station to Arlo Pro to add those additional cameras.  My Premium plan allows up to 10 cameras.  Do I have to install the Arlo Pro Base Station to do this and re-sync all of my existing cameras?  Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Streak2
Master Master
Master

No that is not correct.

You can add more cameras to your Arlo wire free base and do not have to upgrade to the Pro.

Having said this, depending on your installation, it may be worth while to buy the Arlo Pro kit including some cameras and have a 2 base installation. You can then enjoy the extra benefits of the Arlo Pro.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Streak2
Master Master
Master

No that is not correct.

You can add more cameras to your Arlo wire free base and do not have to upgrade to the Pro.

Having said this, depending on your installation, it may be worth while to buy the Arlo Pro kit including some cameras and have a 2 base installation. You can then enjoy the extra benefits of the Arlo Pro.

Ebphoto
Aspirant
Aspirant

I read your post and had a question regarding the Arlo Pro. I have the regular Arlo with 6 cameras running and was thinking of adding a Arlo Pro system for sound and the solar battery charging. If i do this do the two systems link together somehow? I pay for an Arlo monlthy cloud storage so How would all this come together? Can I keep everything under my current account or would I have to add another account? Does the Arlo Pro base allow for more cameras than the original Arlo? Sorry for the multiple questions and thank you in advance for answering what you can.

Thank you,

E

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Do you mean you upgraded your subscription to elite or premier? If so, you're all set. If not, and you want to keep the free plan, you'll need to buy a Pro system, complete with base.  Set it up on a second account using a second email address. Then use Settings, Grant Access to share the second account's devices to the first account. You'll be able to do 90+% of what you need in one login.