Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

About half of the videos will not play using the Android app or using a browser on a desktop

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
BradleyGZ
Aspirant
Aspirant

About half of the videos will not play using the Android app or using a browser on a desktop. Using the Android app, I will click on the video and it will start to buffer and then stop and just go back to the play icon that overlays the video. On desktop, it just tells me that playback of this video is not supported in the browser and for me to download it. This don't make sense, since the other half of the videos play just fine on both the Android app and in the browser.

5 REPLIES 5
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

d/l some that have issue and try a playbck local... this will help you find where the issue is.

Also try a different browser

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
BradleyGZ
Aspirant
Aspirant
So I have tried a couple different browsers and the videos that are having playback issues all do the same, regardless of browser. I downloaded the video and am able to play the video, but only in VLC media player. I did notice though in VLC that when playing, the play progress bar at the bottom always stays at 0 until the last second and then it works correctly for that last second. Still, it makes no sense to me why one video plays absolutely fine and the very next video won't play, regardless of browser or app. Sounds like a file corruption issue with Arlo.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

A congested upload pipe and/or signal quality may be an issue. What's your upload speed as measured by speedtest.net? Do all cameras do this or just some?

BradleyGZ
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have 100Mbps down and 12Mbps up cable connection. I don't think my bandwidth is the issue in this case. I only got 2 cameras on my system and it happens with both cameras. It is random and sporadic with which camera and what time of day.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Try removing and resyncing a camera to see if that helps.  If not, you're left with a full system reset, removing all devices in Settings, My Devicees and starting fresh. Be sure to note all settings, modes, rules and schedule before doing so to speed rebuilding.