Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 13 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 8 In Conversation
campbellmr
Aspirant
Aspirant

The arlo app is alerting me of a new video capture whenever I look at my live feed in the app or online.  The same thing is happening whenever I look at saved motion captures in my library.  Again, this is happening in both my Iphone app and when viewing online.

13 REPLIES 13
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

campbellmr,

When you are alerted of motion detection, does a recording of the event arrive in the library? Is there any motion happening in the recording?

JamesC

campbellmr
Aspirant
Aspirant

When I was incorrectly alerted to motion activity a video was added to my library but no motion was in the recording.  It was like a strange loop.  It would start with me viewing the live feed.  While viewing the live feed I would be alerted to a motion capture.   I would go into my library and there would be a video without motion in it.  When I would view this video I would be alerted to another motion capture.  A second video would be in my library that did not have any motion.  After the second video I stop checking so, I do not know if this loop would continue to progress.

Interestingly, today I had a true motion capture event and when I viewed this video in my library there was no error in sending another motion capture.  After viewing the video in my library, I went to view the live feed.  This time I did not recieve a faulty motion capture alert while viewing the live feed.  

When I checked the live feed later in the day, I again received a motion capture alert after looking at the live feed.  A video was stored in the library without any motion.  Then after looking at video in the library additional motion capture alerts were sent.  4 videos in total where saved in total.  One video every minute each without any motion present.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

campbellmr,

Please contact the Arlo Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link. If you have any additional questions/concerns feel free to private message me. I would be happy to help.

JamesC

Mindbent
Aspirant
Aspirant
I am encountering the same issue, and also the app is showing each camera twice. Receiving an alert about every minute for the past 15 minutes.

This is very annoying, so what is the fix?
Mindbent
Aspirant
Aspirant
Alerts just stopped, but still seeing duplicates in the app. And the base station just says getting status.
Mindbent
Aspirant
Aspirant
Also have two extra base stations listed under Mode. One says armed and the two extras say getting information.
watchdog99
Luminary
Luminary

i was having the same issue...receiving 4 alerts each time the motion was triggered outside. i finally unarmed that specific camera after the first alert to see if it would continue which it did not. finally...i took the detection sensitivity down to 12%  and have had no other issues. works perfectly. i took all cameras motion sensitivity from 10-15 %. i kept the inside motion sensitivity to 40 and have had no issues.

hth

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Mindbent,

The duplicate camera issue is currently being investigated by the engineering team. I will provide an update as soon as possible.

JamesC

Igho
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've experienced this same issue but found that it occurred more frequently when it's dark outside, i.e. checking live feed during daylight would not trigger a false motion detection notification, but checking the live feed when it's dark outside does.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
I had both my cameras replaced and this issue went away.
manofice
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Lgho, you're gonna need a new camera to fix that. There is a large thread about your issue.
harley239
Apprentice
Apprentice

I have posted a fix that worked for me so far here: can't hurt to try. https://community.netgear.com/ejquo23388/board/crawl_message?board.id=en-arlo-pro&message.id=4034

harley239
Apprentice
Apprentice