Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

ARLO STILL NOT SENDING NOTIFICATIONS WITH S9

Discussion stats
  • 16 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 7 In Conversation
bfmed61
Guide
Guide
I have seen tons of threads on this and still there is no fix from Arlo.. I have a Samsung Galaxy S9. I am not receiving any of my badge notifications or sounds coming from Arlo. My wifes iPhone,my tablet and my home computer all work fine.

All I get is a quick vibration on my phone and nothing else...no badge no sound..i have restarted the Arlo system, I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app, I have done all necessary updates, I have turned on all permissions and notifications on my phone as well as on Arlo. I have changed the tone sound and I have unfortunately even had to reset my phone to factory settings. After the reset it worked for about 1 week and then went right back to giving me problems. I have called Arlo and of course all they do is point the finger at Android saying that their app is being blocked. It shouldn't be Androids problem to fix this. The app from Arlo needs to cater to IOS as well as Android! I am so sick and tired of Arlo simply pointing the finger and blowing us off as if it doesn't matter.. their supoort "team" is completely worthless.

. In the meantime I have a great security system that doesn't work at all because Arlo is too damn lazy to fix the problem and make it sync with Android operating systems. When is Arlo going to take care of this problem and stop being so lazy?

Has anybody had the same issue and hopefully found a resolution? I have also tried downloading a third-party notifications app but that didn't work either. Somebody please help because obviously Arlo doesn't care about its customers
16 REPLIES 16
surfer1000
Luminary
Luminary
No problem here S9+
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

bfmed61,

You mentioned that your device worked for a week and suddenly stopped again. It seem there is something on your phone that may be blocking your notifications. Did you install an app that may be having a conflict with notifications around that time frame? 

bfmed61
Guide
Guide

then why are you even responding? Why would I want to know if your phone is fine? Seriously if you don't have anything to add to the post, then just don't say anything. Jesus Christ seriously?

bfmed61
Guide
Guide
Shayne... I pretty much figured the same thing but I can't seem to figure out what it is. I don't have anything custom that would be blocking it other than clean master and app lock. I deleted both of them completely to see if that was the issue but it is not. It seems like the software for Android just using compatible with the Arlo software. But of course the morons at Arlo don't realize this and don't fix the problem. Today there was an update to the software but all it did was change the appearance and never actually fixed any bugs. Such idiots
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

bfmed61,

If your wife signs in to your phone does she receive the notifications still? I am wondering if it is tied to your account for some reason. You did mention your tablet & computer still function but we can try this.

Thenaliwasall
Aspirant
Aspirant
Did you ever figure out a fix to this issue? My husband just switched from iPhone to s9 and isn’t getting any notifications. We use it as a baby monitor so we’re desperate for notifications again!!
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Thenaliwasall

Have you made sure he is using the latest version of the Arlo Mobile App ( 2.7.2)? also, what Android version is the phone running? 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Make sure all permissions are granted in the phone settings for the app.

Thenaliwasall
Aspirant
Aspirant
He has the latest version of the Arlo app. And he checked that the Android system is up to date - it is. We have made sure all permissions for the app notifications are on. He has the s9 edge. What else can we do to resolve this issue???
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Has he tried rebooting the phone and reinstalling the app?

In the meantime, enable email notifications as a workaround.

Thenaliwasall
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes, he has uninstalled and re-installed twice now and it still does not work. Yes, we can enable email notifications but this issue should be fixed. Like I mentioned, we use it for our baby monitors for two children. We need it to work properly!
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
morkfromork
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi got a new Huawei p20 pro and after an update 5 days ago can't get notifications on data, It will on work on wifi but not data. It worked fine untill last update. Arlo says I'm the first with this problem, not true 100's of people have the same problem. Arlo say's they will check out the problem. Also, you can not set a schedule if your life depended on it. Come on people get this thing right before releasing it!!! I have told them about the problem and after spending about 2 hours on chat, still can't figure it out. Arlo said it was the phone but after getting a new one problem still exists. I think I will return this (Arlo Pro) and try a different one.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @morkfromork

Have you tried to test the notifications on another phone? Do you have a friends phone you can try and log in on & test the Data/Notifications?

greengoathead
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same problem here. S9+ and no notifications. My sons s8 is fine and my daughter's s7 work fine. Frustrating since I just bought tonight.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @greengoathead

What version of Android are you using & what is the version of the Arlo Mobile App in use?