Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Khone
Luminary
Luminary

I've upgraded and now I can't turn the cameras off.

How do I remove them? Tired of them constantly notifying me of movement on them.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Khone wrote:

How do I remove them? Tired of them constantly notifying me of movement on them.

These are Arlo Pro models?

Are you getting recordings? Or just notifications?

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Khone wrote:

These are Arlo Pro models?

Are you getting recordings? Or just notifications?

Khone
Luminary
Luminary

Was getting notifications and recordings. They are the old Pro cameras, Base is V MB 84000. Purchased them several years ago at COSTCO. Guess they are 1st gen. I have them disabled.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Khone wrote:

Was getting notifications and recordings. They are the old Pro cameras, Base is V MB 84000. Purchased them several years ago at COSTCO. Guess they are 1st gen. I have them disabled.

1st gen/2nd gen only applies to Essential cameras.  You might have the original Pro (720p), Pro 2 (1080p) or Pro 3/Pro 4 (2K).  

If you have a subscription, you should double-check that CO/Smoke detection is not enabled in the smart notifications.  You can also get support using the app.

If you don't have a subscription,

1. try power cycling the base, and removing/reinserting the battery from one of the cameras, and see if that resolves it.
  2. if it doesn't, then try removing one of the cameras from your account, and then adding it back. 

I don't recommend resetting the base at the moment, as several folks who've done that recently have reported that they could not add the base back to their account after they did that.

Khone
Luminary
Luminary

Thank you. Will try that and get back to you.