Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

ARLO Pro cold weather performance

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
MyFairLandlady
Follower
Follower

One of the four Arlo cameras is outside the home and its presently the fourth consecutive day with temperatures around -25C to - 39C.  Message reads something like; camera to cold to operate, or camera needs to warm up to operate.  I took the battery out as I've a;ready lost 3 batteries over the last two months from different situations as now they won't charge up.  Is there any chance ARLO engineers could design and warming skin? an insulating capsule? a climate control housing?  an igloo shelter? a hot paws compartment? Humans can send rockets into the cold of space and keep the computers working but haven't figured out how to control temperature variations on the ground to keep the technology operational.  The solution is out there.

1 REPLY 1
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
<p>You likely didn't actually lose the batteries but just need to follow the proper procedure:</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>https://kb.arlo.com/000052305/My-Arlo-Pro-or-Arlo-Pro-2-battery-is-dead-what-do-I-do</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>One thing you can try is to use AC power to the camera. I've found that doing that warms the camera sufficiently to keep it running down to 0F and would probably work lower. It's a workaround for sure but worth contemplating. The cameras turn off at -4F/-20C and a battery-operated camera trying to power a "warming" skin would be counterprodctive.</p>