Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Patrick_Bell
Tutor
Tutor

I have spent quite some time (30 minutes each afternoon for 6 weeks now) positioning my 4 cameras perfectly to captue movement across the field of view with high sensitivity and also relevant audio sensitivity. 

I originally set my recording length to as long as there was motion, but found that this was quite arbitrary as to how long the cameras recorded, and bore no relation to actual movement. This was quite frustrating.

2 weeks ago I set my recording time to 120 seconds on three cameras for both motion and audio, but this is ignored and often (>50% of the time) the recording is only 11-24 seconds long. As a result, key "evidence" is rarely ever fully captured. 

I even purchased outdoor cables to ensure power supply quality couldnt be blamed.

Why have this feature if the firmware/software isnt up to the task? 

This is so frustrating!

5 REPLIES 5
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

When a set time is picked , I haven't seen this problem. ( yes, the record till motion stops is flawed )

Verify that the fixed time is still there and was saved. If it is, I would remove each of the cameras ( remove device ) and bring back as new to rebuild the modes. Then power button reboot the base. ( try with one camera easy to get to and then test that camera )

Hopefully this will fix it....  If not , you may have to remove all including the base , reset the base and bring all back as if new

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Redmoonstar
Luminary
Luminary

I have been having this problem since the May firmware upgrade, my camera's are all set to specific times and were recording correctly until May upgrade now they very rarely record to their set times, motion detection is now terrible, video has become pixilated 90% of the time after 10 secs of recording and then the camera's will stop recording, camera's go offline randomly even though the base is connected to the internet and all 5 camera's have full bars for Wii Fi, my batteries on two different cameras within two week's of each other went from 75% to 0 in less than 4 hours. I have removed each camera and the base station twice and rest the base station with paperclip then reset up the system with no change. I have contacted support and had two replacement base stations in a month and still have the same issues. My support cases disappeared from my netgear in June and they haven't been resolved and no contact from support since 13th of June and I emailed them on the 15th June.  Since the May upgrade this system totally sucks and hasn't been fixed with either the June or July firmware upgrades we should be able to roll back the firmware to before May and have a choice as to whether we want to upgrade the firmware or not!! 

Patrick_Bell
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks for the suggestion. I previously reset all cameras and base station to try to fix it - but it hasnt sorted it.

I managed to get through to tech support by phone (after alerting them to key error messages and critical faults in their on-line support facility - apprently the problem is the chrome browser.- this hasnt helped me, but might help others)

Apparently the problem might occur when the router bandwidth is not 2.4 gig.  This wasnt the case for me as mine is oeprating at 2.4 ghz - but checking to see if 2.4 ghz is an issue might help others. 

i'll keep thinking about it, and might ask my Australian SP if they have any ideas.

Redmoonstar
Luminary
Luminary

I am also in Australia, who is your SP? I world be interested to know if they have a fix as that may help me. Today 3 of my camera's recorded correctly for 3 separate videos unfortunately the other 6 hours of recordings were not recorded to set times!

Patrick_Bell
Tutor
Tutor

my ISP is TPG.