Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

ARLO PRO how do we access and monitor using our IPODS/Iphones and not have it time out

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Dinolove7
Follower
Follower

I have an ARLO pro that I just purchased. We are using our IPODS/Phones to access the camers. We also have an Echo Dot - but not sure how to use it with arlo. My question is how do we access and monitor using our IPODS/Iphones and not have it time out. The phone /ipod will close/time out - then all I get is nofitications. So I am unable to hear my baby crying live. I also noticed that in order to use the two way function of the camera I need to give the device admin access - is there a way I can avoid giving every device admin access? Thank you. 

1 REPLY 1
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Sorry to tell you but the Arlo/Arlo Pro all time out after about 30 mins max ...this is a programed time out as the cameras are not meant to run 24/7 ( mostly due to running on batteries limitations )

There is an Arlo Baby camera that will stay on and also give you audio even when your phone screen is off ... maybe you should look into that.

As to the admin access, if you don't give access for you phone/device it just plain isn't going to work... nothing you can do.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------