Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

ARLO PRO, how can I save video recordings to my hard drive?

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
mleel7
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi,

I just purchased the Arlo Pro Security System and selected the Basic 7 day free monitoring option.  I was wondering at the end of the 7 days, how can I save video recordings to my hard drive?  I assume that after the 7 day free option that I would not be able to access recorded videos and support after the 3 month period.  When you log into the Arlo website to view your cameras, is this part of the 7 day free option or will I be able to access and view what my cameras are showing live, but will not show any previous recorded files? 

I understand the consequences and problems with having data stored on your personal computer and if there is a power outage or equipment is stolen that you would not be able to retrieve the recorded data.

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

As long as you're referring to the Pro base, yes, any videos recorded will be stored on the USB device as well as the cloud. If you lose Internet access for any reason, you'll get the recordings on the USB device but not in the cloud. To use the USB capability be sure to enable it in Settings for your base and format the device if not already in FAT32 format.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

You may misunderstand the 7 free days of storage....

the 7 days is free with basically unlimited storage ( tho mentioned there is a cap , it is not enforced ). This continues forever , only the support via phone I believe is for 3 months....Your warranty on items is 1 year.

The 7 days work this way... On day #8, the day #1 videos is auto deleted, day #9, you lose day #2, etc.

You can download the videos at any time within the 7 day period of retention...but once deleted you can not get them back.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
mleel7
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you for your reply.  I was told when I purchased the system that you could store data (video) directly to your computer using the USB port connected on the back of the Arlo base to your computer, is that correct?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

As long as you're referring to the Pro base, yes, any videos recorded will be stored on the USB device as well as the cloud. If you lose Internet access for any reason, you'll get the recordings on the USB device but not in the cloud. To use the USB capability be sure to enable it in Settings for your base and format the device if not already in FAT32 format.