Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

ARLO PRO camera is NOT syncing. Camera is charged and from less than 1 foot from base.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
LoloMac
Follower
Follower

Hi all!

We purchased an arlo pro set with 3 pro cameras and the base. Two of the cameras have synced just fine and quickly. However, there is one camera that is not syncing. 

I have ensured multiple times that the camera is charged.

I have attempted to sync it numerous times, each time with the camera less than 1 foot from the base.

Also, my sync method is holding the sync button. When I release it does not blink blue, instead it continues to blink amber/orange off and on.

My thoughts are that something is wrong with the camera OR that the battery is no good... I guess I could troubleshoot by taking the battery out of one of the synced cameras and swapping it?? Any thoughts??

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The proper procedure to sync a camera is to briefly press the base sync button - don't hold it for 2 seconds. Then briefly press the camera sync button. If that doesn't work, reboot the base and try again. Failing everything, swap at the store.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@LoloMac wrote:

Also, my sync method is holding the sync button. When I release it does not blink blue, instead it continues to blink amber/orange off and on.

LED status is described here: https://kb.arlo.com/642/What-do-the-different-LED-behaviors-on-my-Arlo-camera-mean

If the blinking is slow, it means the camera battery is low.  Otherwise it just means that the camera failed to sync.  Swapping batteries with another camera is a reasonable next step, but you should then check to see if the camera is properly charging when the power adapter is connected.

If the camera is defective, the best option is to exchange the entire system with the seller.