Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Additional camera not being captured in library. Viewing live says "New version of adobe".

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Arlovet5
Aspirant
Aspirant

I added a forth camera to my system.  The original three work great in all aspects.  However, the additional camera is not being captured in the library.  Also, when clicking on the device to view it live, I have to reinstall a new version of adobe every time.   Can someone assist on what may be my issue?  Thanks! 

6 REPLIES 6
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Arlovet5 wrote:

Also, when clicking on the device to view it live, I have to reinstall a new version of adobe every time.   

Not really, though it might appear that way.  That error should be shown no matter what camera you select for live streaming - are you saying that it doesn't appear with the older cameras?

What browser are you using?

@Arlovet5 wrote:

I added a fourth camera to my system.  The original three work great in all aspects.  However, the additional camera is not being captured in the library.  

What camera model did you add?

Have you tried making a manual recording?

Arlovet5
Aspirant
Aspirant

You are correct.  I'm prompted to add a new version of Adobe beginning with each session (whichever camera I initially access for a Live session).  The Adobe prompt only gives me the option of 'Allow Once'.  

I added an identical camera - Arlo Pro

Thanks

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Arlovet5 wrote:

The Adobe prompt only gives me the option of 'Allow Once'.  

What browser are you using?

Arlovet5
Aspirant
Aspirant

I believe I'm on the Microsoft Edge internet explorer.  

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Arlovet5 wrote:

I believe I'm on the Microsoft Edge ...

It's important to know for sure.  If you click on the three dots in the upper right of the browser pane, you should see "help and settings" at the bottom.  If you don't, then you are not use edge.  If you are, then position your mouse over "help and settings", and look for "Rate Microsoft Edge" in the sub-menu.  That would confirm what browser you are using.

However, Edge will give you the "allow once" prompt, so you likely are using it.  That prompt comes from the browser (not Adobe), and Edge actually is using a built-in flash player - it isn't using the Adobe plug-in.

Chrome is a bit easier for this - it will continue to allow flash until you exit the browser.

Arlovet5
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, it does show Rate Microsoft Edge.   So, based on your input, if I stay with Edge, it looks like I'll have to load Adobe each time.  I will look into Google Chrome.  

Thanks very much for sticking with me on this and providing excellent input.  It really is appreciated.