Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Yingmsy
Initiate
Initiate

ARLO FIRMWARE DISASTER

Update Fails - ARLO PRO Base Station Update - 1.8.2 to 1.8.9.0.

I will never buy anything Netgear Again. 

Netgear sells crap and they cannot support it.  If you search for this failure all they can say is your internet connection is too slow.

First - applying an update should be the decision of the customer of when they can afford to do it. NOT NETGEAR.

Your upgrade/update process is not working properly and needs to be fixed - NOW!

You need to hire software engineers that know what they are doing. I can download the latest upgrade to Windows 10 and apply it withjout any issues

but my connection is to slow for Netgear - really?

Could you even imangine if your laptop comes up and says you must apply this upgrade or your laptop will never work again and then shove it out 

and crash millions of laptops - you would be out of business in one day.

6 REPLIES 6
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Yingmsy,

Poor internet speeds can cause issues with receiving the firmware updates.

Who is your ISP and what are your download/upload speeds?

JamesC

Aflores
Tutor
Tutor
I agree they should hire bette engineers and fix this issue
Aflores
Tutor
Tutor
They should not be blaming the internet speed
Aflores
Tutor
Tutor
I am just having the same issue now but when i first bought it no problem
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Aflores,

What is your download/upload speeds? Poor speeds are generally the issue when firmware updates cannot be complete. Many users have resolved this issue after increasing internet speeds or temporarily setting up their system at a location with higher speeds.

JamesC

frank2017
Aspirant
Aspirant

Possible as anything but I just bought the system and aside from the fact that I do like it cannot update the firmware.  59 mps download but slow upload with Charter.  Getting  that fixed tommorow and will tray again.  But why can I download and install MS updates that I am certain are larger than Arlo Updates?