ALL of my cams are down for the past day

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Octrojam
Guide
Guide

This piece of junk. After all the stupid hoops I'm being put through to deal with the delay problem I find out that ALL my cams are down for the past day. I can't connect them at all. Wtf is going on?!!!

4 REPLIES 4
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Octrojam,

Are the cameras indicating offline or some other error message? What are you seeing that is indicating the cameras are down?

JamesC

boom27
Tutor
Tutor

Same here...see my post Arlo Pro BaseStation Hardware VMB4000r3 Failure?

I have the 4 camera Arlo Pro system BaseStation hardware VMB4000r3 with firmware 1.8.9.0_11528 which has been working fine for several months and then sometime Sun night, 25 Jun or early morning, 26 Jun all cameras suddenly went offline but the basestation is still online.  I have the two green bars but the third bar/cameras is out.  I have rebooted the base several times and powered off the base several times but no luck getting the cameras back on line.  I have one camera plugged into the charger so if the others cameras batteries are dead this one should come back.  I also tried removing/replacing the battery from one camera to see if that would do anything but nothing.  When I power on the base the first light turns yellow and the third turns greens momentarily but goes out when both the first and second lights turn green. Any ideas? Has the basestation had a hardware failure?

TIA, Bob

Octrojam
Guide
Guide

There's absolutely no connection.  I've seen this when, say, a camera's batteries wore down.  But this is all cameras at once, which is hard to imagine it being a battery problem.  I can't connect to anything.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Octrojam,

What is the LED behavior on the base station? Are you able to check for a possible internet or power outage?

JamesC