Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

2nd Cam Will Not Sync

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
timanderi
Initiate
Initiate

I just received my Arlo Pro system with 2 cams in the mail today and attempted setup.  I was able to get the base station and first cam working with no issues.  However, my 2nd cam will not sync.  Here is the behavior:

1) Short blue flash when battery is inserted OR when cord is plugged into it.

2) After pushing sync on the base station, I press synce on the cam (have tried 2 seconds, shorter, longer, etc.)

3) The cam does not respond at all. No blue flashing, no red/orange. It does not respond at all.

4) I've taking the battery out and using power cord only as well as using both simultaneously.

5) I've turned the base station on and off as well as reset the entire base station and tried to connect again (same behavior - this cam won't connect)

6) I can get the other cam to connect just fine.

Incredibly frustrating.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
timanderi
Initiate
Initiate

Contacted support and got it resolved. The fix was to swap the battery from the working cam to the non-working cam. That got the non-working cam to sync and download firmware update. Interestingly, when I put the "non-working" battery into the prevously working cam, it worked just fine. So both cams are now functional. I'll keep an eye on the battery situation. I'm hoping the non-working cam just needed the new firmware.

Resolved.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
timanderi
Initiate
Initiate

Contacted support and got it resolved. The fix was to swap the battery from the working cam to the non-working cam. That got the non-working cam to sync and download firmware update. Interestingly, when I put the "non-working" battery into the prevously working cam, it worked just fine. So both cams are now functional. I'll keep an eye on the battery situation. I'm hoping the non-working cam just needed the new firmware.

Resolved.

Mommis
Aspirant
Aspirant

2nd Cam Will not sync

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Make sure you only briefly press the base sync button. You can also try the steps listed in the message above yours.