Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
gcollins11
Aspirant
Aspirant

Last week I noticed 2 of my cameras suddenly died or were on the verge of dying. Took them down, charged them. One put up a fight and took a full day to charge. The other was pretty normal. I put them both back up and they are both almost out of juice again after 3 days. These things normally last months on a charge because they are only on a few hours at night.  Anyone else seeing issues? I am assuming a bad firmware got pushed as nothing else in my environment changed.

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you rebooted your base? Try moving the base away from the router as much as possible. Any changes in the house with a new or moved wireless device, perhaps near the base?

gcollins11
Aspirant
Aspirant

Ya I have rebooted it a few times. Moved it around as well. It had previously been sitting right next to my router on a shelf and I had no issues for more than a year that way. Removed and resynced the cameras, etc.

At this point wondering if my base station is just failing. Just recharged my cameras again and rebooted the base station again and now all my cameras show offline. 

gcollins11
Aspirant
Aspirant

Ya it was, well is, the base station. I had to move it really close to the cameras for them to stay connected and not drain the battery. Not sure what changed there as it had been fine for a real long time.