Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

2 cameras died - can I upgrade to pro with old Arlo VMB3000 base?

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
MarthaATL
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have an older Arlo -  VMB3000 with 3 cameras. 2 recently died. Can I upgrade by adding Pro cameras, or do I have to start all over to get rechargeable batteries and audio? Afraid the answer is "just suck it up and buy new" but posting is worth a try 😉

Thanks for your help!

Martha

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

yes you can... the Arlo , Arlo pro, Arlo pro2 with work with either base. ( audio is in the cameras not base )

But, you may want to upgrade the base too as you get the USB backup port on the newer ( and siren ) and most packages seem cheaper (2 separate cameras vs 2 with base ) amazon sell the Pro cam for 150 each but the base and 2 cams for 251  ( save 49 )

Also as a side, if able you can use the older base for better coverage  one at each end of home, or front / rear and run 2 schedules

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

yes you can... the Arlo , Arlo pro, Arlo pro2 with work with either base. ( audio is in the cameras not base )

But, you may want to upgrade the base too as you get the USB backup port on the newer ( and siren ) and most packages seem cheaper (2 separate cameras vs 2 with base ) amazon sell the Pro cam for 150 each but the base and 2 cams for 251  ( save 49 )

Also as a side, if able you can use the older base for better coverage  one at each end of home, or front / rear and run 2 schedules

Morse is faster than texting!
MarthaATL
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks so much!